General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like West Coast Choppers and Garage Magazine went out of business

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 09:11 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe sandra was an impossible c*nt and frigid b*tch? seriously no one knows the mans personal business...

Old 11-27-2010, 09:19 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
He made a fortune...not in bikes, but in merchandise.

T-Shirt sales made him a rich dude.

He sold stuff off and moved out of Cali. He is in The Austin Texas area now.

Has a custom hot rod shop there.

I think he jsut got tired of the whole fame issue and that scene out there.

He has enough money to just live, and I'm sure that's what he wanted anyway. His kids get to see Sandra all the time.

It's not jsut him...the whole chopper craze has gone back to sleep and will reutrn in 15-20 years, jsut like it did before.

When was the last time you heard about Billy Lane? Russell at Exile? They are all out of the limielight now. Billy will be out of prison pretty soon, but his time with bikes is over.

~Joe

Yeah, things are slow right now. I always liked the stuff Russ Mitchell was doing at Exile, but last I saw, his bread & butter now was "hard parts for softails", bolt on stuff. Can't blame him if it pays the bills and keeps the doors open, tho.

But yeah, it's all cyclical.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:25 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jesse james is a a hole dragged his kids and wife thru mud, morals he has none as far as her being a kunt than leave and file divorce

Old 11-27-2010, 09:34 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mediocre custom bikes....... Damn dude, Jesse made damn near everything on his bikes by hand.... yet they're mediocre. I want to see what you consider "custom". I hope to hell you don't mention Arlen Ness as that guy's bikes are down right hideous.

Originally Posted by Rockyriver
Maybe Sandra Bullock was the money behind the scene or his TV shows, and now thats been pulled. I can't picture anyone paying the absurd prices he wanted for his mediocre custom bikes. I think in the beginning he had not as much competition and could charge crazy prices, now everyone builds bikes at a decent price that are better, and he's out priced his self in this biker builder world.

Bye Bye Jessie you won't be missed.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:45 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
maybe sandra was an impossible c*nt and frigid b*tch? seriously no one knows the mans personal business...

That's probably true. The one thing I did hear about it, was that she left to go to Florida to make her latest movie...was gone for 9 months, and expected him to be Mr. Mom, and be domesticated.

She married a bad boy....what did she expect?

Anhow I don't really care. I just hope he's doing okay. The guy is a top notch fabricator.

I'm sure he's happier having cameras off of him now.

~Joe

Old 11-28-2010, 02:55 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Atleast now he cant build those ugly *** bikes he was doing anymore. Rat rods are hard to fudge up hahahahahaha

Old 11-28-2010, 03:09 AM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't even have to know who he is/was. All you have to do is look at his welds and know what a good weld looks like and what a ridiculously amazing weld looks like. Dude could weld. I would not mind getting my hands on a 140 CFL frame!

Old 11-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Awesome fabricator. His personal life is "personal".

Old 11-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GMbagger
Mediocre custom bikes....... Damn dude, Jesse made damn near everything on his bikes by hand.... yet they're mediocre. I want to see what you consider "custom". I hope to hell you don't mention Arlen Ness as that guy's bikes are down right hideous.

Although some of his bikes were cutting edge. He sold plain choppers for up around $45,000 to $60,000. You could get the same chopper from another builder with better paint and features for a lot less. In the photo below is a bike he helped create (I was told he helped, however this is hear say), and this is one of those bikes that is truly a work of art by the man and I understand a high price on it.. He is a good fabricator, no doubt there. And he can weld with the best of them. However I have seen the price on his regular joe custom bikes and they are way over priced.

Last edited by Rockyriver; 11-28-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 AM
wiseguy2day
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesse James (and all of the other big name chopper guys) cashed in on his Discovery fame. Supply and demand, every one of us would have done the same thing if it was possible. He made something that you buy with 'expendable' money and asked top dollar for it. WCC, Exile, Choppers, inc were around before the chopper phase and should be around after the chopper phase. I can't stand the OCC guys anymore but they're in the same boat. In the first few episodes they had fabb'ed and welded parts on their bikes and now they go to the shelves.

For you Jesse James haters: What do you think of Roland Sands and Corey Ness as fabricators? They were born into the business. They've never been the 'starving artist'. They walk into their shop and pull thousand dollar parts off of their shelves that daddy spent years making/perfecting. They have CAD machines and other machines that do a lot of work/thinking for them. To top it off they charge outrageous prices for their stuff.

Quick Reply: Looks like West Coast Choppers and Garage Magazine went out of business