General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In the 70's they had long rakes, metalflake and long fishtails!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:54 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Electric or otherwise I won't be around anyway. Besides that I'm still waiting for the flying car they said we would have by now.

I think the big question would be, "Were they really serious with a those electronics attached to the handlebars?!"

Old 11-29-2010, 09:57 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KING'S RIDE
I think baggers will be what they remember this decade by. 21 and 23 inch wheels, loud stereo's, stretched bags and the swing towards trailer queens. more guys now are more show than go. all worried about how good they look on it than how to ride it.
LMAO, have you looked at what you listed about your ride? It pretty much says the same thing. But... since it is coming from a chargers fan it's to be expected.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think baggers will be what they remember this decade by. 21 and 23 inch wheels, loud stereo's, stretched bags and the swing towards trailer queens. more guys now are more show than go. all worried about how good they look on it than how to ride it.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:26 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

They be talkin' about how cheap they can still pick up these mint condition 40 year old low mileage bikes, and wondering why so many came with their own enclosed trailers.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by ed gien
What will they say about the decade of 2010 40 years from now?
You mean these fishtails?

Old 11-29-2010, 11:38 PM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KING'S RIDE
Originally Posted by BBStacker
LMAO, have you looked at what you listed about your ride? It pretty much says the same thing. But... since it is coming from a chargers fan it's to be expected.
you should look closer, the only thing i said that is on my bike is the wheel. i have no stereo, no stretched bags, and it is no trailer queen, i ride the **** out of it.

but that typical of a (insert whatever team you like here) fan. always talking **** before you think about whats coming out of your mouth.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:56 PM
skimskim3074
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by .357 Magnum
I think the bagger trends will figure into the stereotypes: tall skinny front wheels on baggers, elongated hard bags, that sort of thing. Rocknrick nailed it too; the "blacked-out" trend has been taken up by the metrics so it's pretty solidly fixed in history for posterity. But damn, I sure hope Fossil is wrong. I can see us on electric motorcycles (and I have no problem with that), but if the NHTSA wins just because they're trying to be political--"Look, we made the roads safer by getting people not to use them! We're not useless! Increase our funding!"--then we haven't done our jobs very well. Suppose I'll re-up on my AMA membership this year...
anyway, what you've done is great for sure.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:56 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fossil
I won't be around either but I have no doubt that motorcycling will not exist any more with internal combution engines. The NHTSA is doing all they can to get rid of motorcycles and as a burecracy they have years to try over and over to do it. For that matter I doubt that cars as we know them won't exist either. Probably be all electric. I have seen over the years the attacks on Harley and bikers. They will win eventually.
You are probably exactly right - if they don't eliminate internal combustion engines by then, they will eliminate motorcycles because "we are paying for your healthcare now, and that's just too dangerous."

Either that, or - Bikers in 40 years:

Last edited by brenn; 11-30-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

What do you mean the 70's? Choppers have never been, and never will be out of style.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:01 AM
idf50
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
You mean these fishtails?
they are the dogs bollocks[medieval english]

Quick Reply: In the 70's they had long rakes, metalflake and long fishtails!