General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Women Buying Bike Experiences??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:59 AM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My ***** are also small 'cause I'm a man. The last time I went into North End Harley-Davidson I picked up a couple of expensive rain covers & waited for 15 minutes to just to pay for them. When that didn't happen because the staff was gossiping among themselves, I left the items on the counter & walked out.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Maclugie
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's not right softone. Everytime I go back to my dealer for something they try to sell me a bike and mine isn't even a year old yet. They should be willing to show their product to everyone walking in the door. Doesn't matter if they are in the market to buy or not. Not good business. Anyway, I don't think it was a boob thing.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 AM
rpbrown
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

This is not uncomman for woman r man. Last year we went looking for a bike for my daughter (who does have big *****). Found one at the closest dealer that she liked. Had to hunt for a sales man (they were all in the break room) and then he didnt really act like he wanted to wait on us. Finally I said if he wanted to sell we might make a deal. He would not make any type of a deal so we left.
Went to the dealer I have bought 3 others from (should have gone there first) found the same bike at same price. They knocked a grand off so we bought it.
The 4 of us all rode to the first dealer and walke in.The same guy comes up and asks if we are ready to buy now. Arrogent little s***. Said no thanks, just wanted him to see her new bike. Then we left.
That was almost 8 months ago and I went by there yesterday for a filter. That same bike is still there.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Almost anyone that works in sales (cars, bikes, real estate...) are ******** anyhow. Don't blame it on one thing or another, just that most of 'em are douchbags through and through

Old 01-08-2011, 12:29 PM
HowBoutThemHogs
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My poor husband has had to work his a** off to help me get my bikes. Although the last salesman worked WITH him and didn't just sit back and let the husband do all the work....got a sale out of it too! You just shouldn't have to work that hard to spend money.

S

Old 01-08-2011, 01:51 PM
badknees
Road Master

The dealership i go to Z&M treat everyone with respect. They know that woman are becoming are becoming a larger segment of their customers. They don't discriminate on Race,Religion,Gender {all 3 of them"] or anything else. Bring on the Green.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:05 PM
NursePhoenix
Tourer

I drove 500 miles to San Antonio to Harleys and More to buy my Deluxe. I had a great experience and would recommend them to anyone.

I find that most dealerships take a while to warm up to seeing customers (translation=spending money there). It isn't right and will stop me from making a big purchase at them. They act like it is a prividlege to be in their store.
I don't think it has to do with being a lady, my husband had the same experience when he was looking for a bike.
Enjoy your ride and check out the QOTR forum!

Old 01-08-2011, 02:22 PM
harleyflhrs
Advanced
Default loser saleman

I'm a saleman, don't sell harleys. I own a harley. all i can say is good saleman pays attention to all customers, being yellow, black, white, female, male whatever from Mars who cares, just make a sale. So if these dealers/sales people are that brain dead in these days of slow sales. THIER NUTS. but i have found at many dealers in USA and in Canada a lack laster of attention to customers, they must get good wages, maybe put the ***#*#@* on commission. then u will have to tell them to back off.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:56 PM
georgemcghee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a few years back my wife wanted a new bike so we went to the nearest dealer, since i was with her the salesman ignored her and spoke to me. i told him he needed to talk to her cause it was her bike still acted like she wasn't there. she told him what she thought of him and said lets go i'm not buying a bike here. went to another dealership and she bought her bike the next day.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:16 PM
softone
Cruiser

Thumbs up! georgemcghee

Quick Reply: Women Buying Bike Experiences??