Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Fatboy average MPG? Hiway and in town... (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/59888-fatboy-average-mpg-hiway-and-in-town.html)

anubisss 10-01-2006 05:49 PM

Fatboy average MPG? Hiway and in town...

I know there was a post about this a long time ago, but I can't find it. So let's see if anyone wants to be a part of this. I am quite curious about this. I have a 2002 Fatboy with stage 1 Harley download, i think screamin'eagle a/c and vance and hines sideshot's and get about 40 city or 50 hiway. Does that sound about right? Lemme know. And how can I improve it? If I get a pc3, will my mileage suffer?

grunt 10-01-2006 05:51 PM

RE: Fatboy average MPG? Hiway and in town...

If you're getting that you are doing good. As long as not running lean or rich, you are spot on.

anubisss 10-01-2006 06:08 PM

Well when I first got it, no popping, but someone said it smelled like gas. (rich I guess) A lot of popping with the V&H exhaust. Could this be rich too or lean? Any ideas?

oldfartjc 10-01-2006 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: anubisss

I know there was a post about this a long time ago, but I can't find it. So let's see if anyone wants to be a part of this. I am quite curious about this. I have a 2002 Fatboy with stage 1 Harley download, i think screamin'eagle a/c and vance and hines sideshot's and get about 40 city or 50 hiway. Does that sound about right? Lemme know. And how can I improve it? If I get a pc3, will my mileage suffer?
Hell I've never seen 40 MPG ever. The highest my bike has ever gotten is 38MPG.:D[b]

grunt 10-01-2006 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: anubisss
Well when I first got it, no popping, but someone said it smelled like gas. (rich I guess) A lot of popping with the V&H exhaust. Could this be rich too or lean? Any ideas?
I was told the V&H always have some pops on decel. Tho they did tell me I am running too rich until I switch out the stock a/c. If your plugs are brown you are too rich. White is too lean

otterbob 10-01-2006 09:53 PM

Hell I've never seen 40 MPG ever. The highest my bike has ever gotten is 38MPG.:D[b]
That thing is a gas hog!!!! You should put it on a dyno with a gas analyzer to see why!

Fatbernie 10-01-2006 09:57 PM

'05 Fatboy, Stage 1, Rineharts, 45-50mph no matter what I do. Knock wood.

Fatbernie 10-01-2006 09:58 PM

oops, I meant mpg, not mph. sorry.
BA

sonar_chris 10-01-2006 11:03 PM

I get around 35mpg around town and 40 highway. I know im at the low end of the spectrum but ive had it dyno tuned and the air fuel ratio is perfect through all the gears so im not worried. I really dont care about gas milage anyway.

Chris

Rhubarb 10-02-2006 03:31 AM

I get 41-43 mixed riding. If I keep it under 70 I do about 45 or so.

I've never done a whole city tank.