General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley davidson jackets

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have several jackets, H-D billboard style among them. The one with the H-D motifs all over it was purchased precisely because it does have all that stuff; front, back, and both sides. I don't wear it all the time, just when I want to look like a billboard. It is no different than all the NFL and NASCAR gear one sees.
Hell, I can't swing a dead cat right now without hitting someone wearing Green Bay stuff.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

edited

Old 02-15-2011, 01:35 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Well now we know why Harley can't sell all those jackets, tee shirts, and all that other stuff. Somebody posted that the clothing line is for non-riders. Man, there are a lot of non-riders that go to Sturgis. I wonder how all those Harleys get there.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Man, there are a lot of non-riders that go to Sturgis. I wonder how all those Harleys get there.
trailer

Old 02-15-2011, 01:57 PM
VA Biker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the green amry style Harley jacket. I really like it . That said I wear a Fox Creek to ride in.

If you google green Harley Jacket you will see it.

I know the HD jackets are made in China ,that fact has been beat into the ground, but the quality still seems to be good. I got the Fox Creek because I thought it was just as good if not better for a lot better price.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:30 PM
dabluesguy
Road Master

I got my wife this one. I guess she likes to advertise.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:58 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

Going to be getting a Harley soon but can't find a decent jacket without some big crappy thing on the back of it. Just want a normal jacket to ride in. It is advertising enough that I am riding a Harley.

Might have to get another brand so I don't look like the noob I really am.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:10 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

did those of you that don't want to advertise remove the name from both sides of your gas tank as well?

Old 02-15-2011, 04:16 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KeeBee
Might have to get another brand so I don't look like the noob I really am.
Come to think of it, the older riders I know all have plenty of Harley stuff (not to mention leather vests, fingerless gloves, etc.).

Maybe this whole "I won't wear anything that says Harley because it's bad for my image" deal is just about noobs trying not to look like noobs. By doing that, they may have created the latest noob look. Ironic.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Mr HOG
Road Master

Originally Posted by speedybrother
From time to time I visit the MoCo website to see what is new in jackets, now this is my problem; I will find a FINE LOOKING jacket only to find on the back of the jacket there is some huge motif (like an Eagle, flames or a skull)....thoughts are `why have they ruined a perfectly good jacket with all that OTT stuff on the back'. Anyone else sick of this `billboard affect on the back of the MoCo jackets'?

Wouldn't these jackets look better with just a small HD logo or similar on the chest of the jacket rather or the trashy stuff on the back.

For the record I wear an FXRG as that is as understated as you can get here in Oz.
Speedybrother Sydney
Don't you know that you are mostly paying for the logo. If you don't want a logo then buy a different brand. You can get much better quality than HD with no logo. Check out Fox Creek.

Quick Reply: Harley davidson jackets