General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Langlitz Leather is FANTASTIC

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 01:40 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Langlitz Leather is FANTASTIC

Received my Langlitz leather jacket today. Incredible is the word I will use to describe it. The jacket fits me absolutely to a T! I ordered the Goatskin as I was concerned about the weight (heaviness) of the jacket. The quality of the leather (goatskin) is flawless with no visible imperfections found anywhere on the jacket. The stitching is perfect. Perfect. The zippers are all heavy duty brass and I cant see them ever getting stuck or broken. The jacket lining is a black silk like material and I had the pockets lined with leather for durability. I just dont know how else to describe this jacket other than to say the workmanship is fantastic, the materials are absolutely top shelf, the "fit and finish" is perfect. Langlitz jackets are not cheap and now I know why firsthand. I own several Harley Davidson leathers and while I am happy with them as well, they do not hold a candle to this Langlitz. I shopped Vanson and Schott as well. They are also top quality and cost less than the Langlitz but they are not as well tailored to your specific measurements as is the Langlitz. God willing, my gut wont get any bigger and I wont outgrow this jacket as I know it will be around a lot longer than I will. Will let my sons fight over it when I am gone to Hog Heaven. Dave Hanson at Langlitz is a pure joy to work with and his customer service has been impeccable to date. If you are in the market for a custom made leather jacket you owe it to yourself to check out Langlitz. If you can swing the big bucks for this jacket I dont see how you could regret your choice. I am so pleased with this jacket I could do hershey squirts!!!

Old 03-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Holzarbeiter
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on langlitz. They will service the jacket in case anything should ever happen. Truly a jacket for life.

Old 03-01-2011, 01:51 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member

Oh, forgot to mention that Langlitz offers a money back guarantee if you wish to return the jacket FOR ANY REASON if your not happy when you receive it. I was more than a bit nervous ordering this jacket sight unseen but was reassured that if I did not like the jacket FOR ANY REASON I could return for a full refund minus the $15 shipping charge. Cant beat that! Current lead time for completion on your order is about one month from date of order. These are handmade ladies and gentlemen.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
Oh, forgot to mention that Langlitz offers a money back guarantee if you wish to return the jacket FOR ANY REASON if your not happy when you receive it. I was more than a bit nervous ordering this jacket sight unseen but was reassured that if I did not like the jacket FOR ANY REASON I could return for a full refund minus the $15 shipping charge. Cant beat that! Current lead time for completion on your order is about one month from date of order. These are handmade ladies and gentlemen.
I live about 20 minutes from their shop. Very cool place. Just like I pictured it. Nothing fancy. Just what is needed to get the job done. Very nice people.

Zach

Old 03-01-2011, 02:34 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member

Zach,

I gave some thought to flying up to Portland to visit Langlitz and have them do the measurements. Dave was very receptive to that idea but reassured me that even if I screwed up taking the measurements that he would correct if possible, and if not, make me a NEW jacket with whatever alterations that might be necessary. Needless to say I did not make the trip to Portland. Sounds like a neat place and a cottage industry making jackets just like they have for over 60 years.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:24 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 974 Likes on 464 Posts

Nothing like spending a few extra bucks and getting the right thing and the best thing once, the first time, and never worrying about it afterward. Good to hear it's the way you went and you're happy with that decision.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave and crew are the best. You're part of the family with them. I have a Columbia mid weight in cow and matching Westerns. My wife has a Cascade in goat and matching Westerns. I also have a vest in goat. I won't go into all the reasons I like Langlitz as you already know that by your choice in leathers. I congratulate you on choosing the best for you-and for me too. There are other good leathers out there for sure but I choose langlitz and couldnt be happier. The fun I've had and memories I have with that jacket with my wife by my side are truly priceless. Enjoy my friend!

Old 03-01-2011, 04:53 PM
dortiz
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just what I don't need to read : )
Nothing like having your expectations met or exceeded, as well as getting a good jacket fix!
Sound like its all we heard about. I know I am going to have to break down on this one.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 03-01-2011, 05:03 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member

Just want to add here that I am not bragging or braying about how much money I spent on this jacket. I had decided that I wanted a top class custom made jacket and would spend the money for one. I did a lot of research on the different available jackets out there. I asked a lot of questions here on the Forum and followed up with a lot of folks here about their particular purchase. I spent a lot of time on websites and looked at as many jackets at different dealerships that I could find. This was a major purchase for me and I dont have money to burn so I wanted to make sure I got the best I could for the money. My purpose here is to let others know about the quality of this jacket and how pleased I am with Langlitz in the whole process. This jacket is 100% Made In America. I have no idea where the goats came from but evidently Langlitz has a damn good source for the hides as this one is perfect. I wish there was some way I could do a review of the jacket and let each of you try it on or examine it in detail. I am more than 100% satisfied with the jacket and with Langlitz. They are real people who are proud of what they make and want nothing but complete customer satisfaction. So if you are wavering like I did over whether you think the Langlitz is worth the money, maybe something I shared will cause you to order from them. You wont regret your purchase and if you do, Dave will gladly refund your money. If I had Charlie Sheen's money I would buy you all one of these jackets (well....maybe thats a stretch)!

Quick Reply: Langlitz Leather is FANTASTIC