General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to get in touch with chicago HD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default how to get in touch with chicago HD?

ordered a few things more than two weeks ago from chicago HD with no word other than an e-mail saying all parts are on order from HD, even though everything i ordered was in stock on the website.

about 2 days ago i emailed the address that had contacted me asking for an update on my order but haven't received word back.

does anyone have a direct e-mail addy for their parts dept. or have any advice on better ways to contact them?

i know someone's gonna say "call" but i read that all their online parts orders are handled thru e-mail.

thanks.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They list a number, 888-338-6868 and say to ask for the internet department.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:59 AM
garslayer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ what he said!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:23 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
ordered a few things more than two weeks ago from chicago HD with no word other than an e-mail saying all parts are on order from HD, even though everything i ordered was in stock on the website.

about 2 days ago i emailed the address that had contacted me asking for an update on my order but haven't received word back.

does anyone have a direct e-mail addy for their parts dept. or have any advice on better ways to contact them?

i know someone's gonna say "call" but i read that all their online parts orders are handled thru e-mail.

thanks.
Unless they've recently changed Chicago HD does not ship from stock. By thee time they receive your parts and ship them to you 2 weeks isn't out of the question.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:56 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Yup...they are slow but thats the price you pay for 20% off. They order everything for internet sales from the MOCO. I've spent a few bucks with them and they are very reliable but you have to be patient. They are very good at shipping it out to you as soon as it is received. Instant gratification can be had at your local dealer at a 20% surcharge

Old 03-02-2011, 09:28 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,217 Likes on 2,465 Posts

Originally Posted by nvsteve
Unless they've recently changed Chicago HD does not ship from stock. By thee time they receive your parts and ship them to you 2 months isn't out of the question.
fixed it for you......

to the op, good luck....

Originally Posted by wraplock
Yup...they are slow but thats the price you pay for 20% off. They order everything for internet sales from the MOCO. I've spent a few bucks with them and they are very reliable but you have to be patient. They are very good at shipping it out to you as soon as it is received. Instant gratification can be had at your local dealer at a 20% surcharge
this logic i do not understand. getting a discount is not a free license for a company to have crappy customer service. there are several other places that give you a discount, yet treat their customers with respect. zanotti's, m&m, lshd, surdyke, are just a few that come right to mind.

Last edited by skratch; 03-02-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:30 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

BR549, usually gets something....ask for Jr..

Old 03-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Kanzig
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they said it was in stock, they lied. I have ordered parts from them as well, the site said they had 1 of all the pieces I needed. Sure enough, they said they were waiting for them to come in so they can ship to me. I did get the parts and it was a good price, but dont expect them fast.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 620 Likes on 386 Posts

Chicago HD recently closed one of its two locations. Parts/accessory shipments from their internet store are notoriously slow. I've also heard they no longer offer 20% off. Barry Brown is the owner. I'd give him a call.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks for the tips.

this'll be the last time i chase down a 20% off deal.

saving 12 bucks definitelty wasn't worth the wait.

and i agree with skratch, offering a discount shouldn't give a company carte blanch to drag their *** proving the goods that you've paid for.

will call today.

Quick Reply: how to get in touch with chicago HD?