General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley davidson Made in China

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Maybe you can find a time machine on Ebay,go back about 50 years.I am happy the way my bike runs even if some things are made outside the country.Longest lasting best bike to date.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:19 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't mind pulling the gas cap off and rocking the bike side to side to check level. I also haven't had a problem with anything from HD that I have bought in the last ten years. It has been well built and held up to abuse better then I expected though costly.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:39 AM
lucy brown
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about parts for the bikes but the clothing is expensive and not of the best quality. I'm sick of spending top dollar for crap. I've buttons fall off new shirts, missed stitching and zippers that dont work. They make a 100% markup on all clothing. That 400.00 leather you bought cost the dealer 200 bucks and much less than that to make. Sad thing is that a 12 year old chinese girl making 2 bucks a day made that 400.00 leather you're wearing. The only one that made any real money on that leather was the dealer.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:47 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 03-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Plasteredcat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let the party begin

Old 03-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Leoman
Intermediate

Question if they are paying 2 dollars we should pay 4 not Hundred dollars!

Old 03-24-2011, 12:04 PM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leoman
Question if they are paying 2 dollars we should pay 4 not Hundred dollars!
Because they can?

It sounds like you are a repeat buyer of HD jewelry and watches (no comment). The HD brand separates people from their money all day long, often times for inferior merchandise.

You don't *have* to buy that ****. You know that, right?

Old 03-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Bricklayer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,776 Likes on 1,443 Posts

Originally Posted by shovel13
Remember it was us, the american consumer that is to blame because if we don't buy it they will have to make a change eventually.

There are a great many companies in the US that make virtually any part for almost all styles of HD.

Just a thought.
My @$$ it was us, it's the greedy sob's who who own & run these companies
. They figure hey if we move production out of the US we can pay some smuck a fraction of what we pay our people here. Electrolux, a refrigerator manf.one of the largest employers in a small town near me, did just that moved to Mexico. Now instead of paying Americans $15-$17 an hr, their paying the mex's $2-$3 an hour. And guess what last time I looked their refrigerators were still priced the same as before the move, f$%ker$ Corporate greed is responsible for most of it, not to mention unions but then again that would be a whole different rant.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
schv
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bricklayer
My @$$ it was us, it's the greedy sob's who who own & run these companies
. They figure hey if we move production out of the US we can pay some smuck a fraction of what we pay our people here. Electrolux, a refrigerator manf.one of the largest employers in a small town near me, did just that moved to Mexico. Now instead of paying Americans $15-$17 an hr, their paying the mex's $2-$3 an hour. And guess what last time I looked their refrigerators were still priced the same as before the move, f$%ker$ Corporate greed is responsible for most of it, not to mention unions but then again that would be a whole different rant.

It's also largely due to the higher cost of doing business in the US - due to over regulation by government. There is no overbearing Mexican EPA, for example.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:43 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

All my stuff still works, hope it holds up.

Quick Reply: Harley davidson Made in China