General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyers beware

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 06:21 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by red devil
Just curious on why you'd buy a trike in Florida when you live in Pennsylvania?
Prolly a Snowbird. Not uncommon here.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:03 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 184 Posts

You should go on the net join some forums and whine about it.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:11 PM
HDHog1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Document everything and get names from everybody you talk with. The MOCO may help but I have read many posts from guys who say the MOCO's moto is "WE DON"T CONTROL THE DEALERS".

Just remind them that Honda, Suzuki and the rest are doing business because of that attitude. Not to say customer service is any better there. I hate to say it but IMHO many Americans are only there for the paycheck. Pride and Custonmer service, well you better make your own

Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 PM
MB-WideGlide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDHog1
Document everything and get names from everybody you talk with. The MOCO may help but I have read many posts from guys who say the MOCO's moto is "WE DON"T CONTROL THE DEALERS".

Just remind them that Honda, Suzuki and the rest are doing business because of that attitude. Not to say customer service is any better there. I hate to say it but IMHO many Americans are only there for the paycheck. Pride and Custonmer service, well you better make your own

I think your right on the money saying this,not just Harley shops.It's happening every were no one gives a SH#T any more .Like you said just a paycheck...........I DIDN'T DO IT--IT WAS LIKE THAT same type of thing happened with my brand new Dodge Diesel truck

Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 pretty much thinking the same thing. First post and it's a one page rant over a scratch!

Sorry, where are my manners, welcome aboard. Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Originally Posted by lo-rider
New member w/ 1 post, naming names, dumping on everyone, panties in a wad over a scratch?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:14 PM
R-Jay
Road Captain

Some of you guys are d@mn lucky, my CLOSEST dealer is 150 miles away. Had an issue with them so I go 450 miles ONE WAY to a dealer I trust. Have NO problems with their service, and they treat me right.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
New member w/ 1 post, naming names, dumping on everyone, panties in a wad over a scratch?
.... that was my first thought....

My second was .... how can someone who punctuates like a second grader be smart enough to make the money needed to buy a Tri-Glide ??????

just sayin'

Old 03-31-2011, 11:10 PM
CT-Mike
Cruiser
Received 53 Likes on 16 Posts

One thing I noticed when I was picking up my bike at the local dealer, is that the service writer does a walk-around with you prior to bringing the bike in, similar to renting a car.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:38 AM
dHUTCH
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, some of you must not give a **** what happens to your bike. If I paid over 30k for a bike and the first time it's taken in, they give it back with a scratch....I'd be pissed!

Now...don't get me wrong, I know bikes receive beauty marks as time goes on, but those happen while the bike is being ridden and used by me, not by a service department I am paying.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by CT-Mike
One thing I noticed when I was picking up my bike at the local dealer, is that the service writer does a walk-around with you prior to bringing the bike in, similar to renting a car.
The 2 dealers I've dealt with also follow this procedure. They have a sheet and checklist they go over with you standing beside them.

Good policy because it covers both parties involved.

Quick Reply: Buyers beware