General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a new beanie helmet, price,fit,where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 10:11 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

You do realise you could be MR. universe, and when your head comes in contact with the road or some other hard object, it won't give a **** about your trophy. Cops wear protective gear so do firemen. Does the military send the troops out to do battle with baseball caps and sneakers? Some of you guys must think your invincible, and nothin bad will ever happen. I'm sure if people knew when they were going to wreck they would put a real helmet on. The reality of it is YOU DONT. So if your hell bent on wearing a toy on your head the old saying of "if you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet" must be true.,

Old 04-24-2011, 10:44 PM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,937 Likes on 607 Posts

I ride without a helmet sometimes. I also eat at McDonald's sometimes. I guess I'm pretty much f***ed.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,980 Likes on 18,642 Posts

Originally Posted by big cahuna
You do realise you could be MR. universe, and when your head comes in contact with the road or some other hard object, it won't give a **** about your trophy. Cops wear protective gear so do firemen. Does the military send the troops out to do battle with baseball caps and sneakers? Some of you guys must think your invincible, and nothin bad will ever happen. I'm sure if people knew when they were going to wreck they would put a real helmet on. The reality of it is YOU DONT. So if your hell bent on wearing a toy on your head the old saying of "if you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet" must be true.,
And if your head is worth only $10.00 so what .... or if your perception of "freedom" is actually being able to make your own choices and to also suffer the consequences of bad choices isn't that the price you pay? I sometimes find it amazing that others beat their head against the wall ( no pun intended ) in an effort to save others from themselves. Freedom of choice is one of the foundations of a democracy guaranteed by the constitution. One of our big problems today is one persons perspective that their rights are "more guaranteed" than anothers. If the man wants a dome or beenie style helmet why must you/we be the deciding factor as whether or not he is making a valued decision on his behalf? Come on now .... I've been riding for over 45 years and seen a number of riders make good and bad decisions numerous times but we need to remember it's their choice.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Scratt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
I ride without a helmet sometimes. I also eat at McDonald's sometimes. I guess I'm pretty much f***ed.
You and me both.

Thanks again to all with the beanie advise, I'm going to check out the sites suggested and also check the local bike shops.

Then maybe go to McDonalds...

Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Scratt
Outstanding HDF Member

my pc is messing up

Last edited by Scratt; 05-01-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Scratt
Outstanding HDF Member

The local shop has some new stuff comming in this week so I'll check out what he has this weekend. Also my nuts itch, is it ok to scratch them without a DOT helmet or do I need to ask the government for permission?

Old 05-02-2011, 08:07 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Scratt....My GF just bought me a new beanie at the HD shop. It looks identical to your initial post and the description of the strap/buckle in your link is the same too. Try swinging by the dealer.

Oh, and I wish the Preachers would just STFU and read what Uncle Larry posted.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 AM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The non dot carbon fiber gives a little protection,not one to preach cuz i wear non dot but after seeing a bagger dump yesterday and seeing the skid marks on his dot lid ,it made me think about the carbon fiber.they run small and are around $80

Old 05-02-2011, 09:43 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
My wife and I both love our Headtrip extended half's. You don't even know that you are wearing them. Folks are fantastic to work with. Check 'em out. http://www.headtriphelmets.com/
I didn't even know they were still making them under the HeadTrip name. I got the same one on Ebay, new, carbon fiber, for $40. Daytona also seems to be making the same thing.

I was at Louisville Harley Davidson the other day (they sell non-HD helmets) and they had a DOT approved beanie that was nearly as thin as a HeadTrip - different liner, but about halfway between the thickness of a Head Trip noveltyy and a normal DOT half. Not sure what brand it was.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Scratt
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, I'll swing by HD and see what they have, the local indy is supposed to get some new ones in this week also.

Quick Reply: I need a new beanie helmet, price,fit,where to buy?