General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

????davidjacket.com???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:23 AM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
I agree 100%.

This subject really pisses me off...

Those of you who are saying that Harley gets the jackets from China let me ask you a question. Did Davidjacket build up the brand? Did they design the jacket? Did they set and maintain the quality control standards that that we, Americans require?

If you buy this jacket because you always admired davidjackets and thought the eagles / wings / logos that davidjackets designed were cool and stood for something you agreed with then by all means buy the jacket. If not, you are doing it in full knowledge that they, a Chinese company are ripping off HD, an American company and you are helping them.

Ask yourselves this question...

If the single most important criteria for motorcycles and accessories for you is price then why do you ride a Harley?
Because I refuse to pay 40 bucks for a HD shirt.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

The expression in its entirety is "The bitterness of poor quality lasts far longer than the sweetness of good price."

The issue I have here though is that HD isn't selling American made products for a premium, they're selling Chinese made products at a premium. For those that want to stay loyal to the brand, are they really staying loyal to the customers by charging $400 for a Chinese leather jacket that likely cost less than $50 to make and ship over here?

If the dealer HD gear was made in the US, I'd pay the extra to support it.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys DO NOT buy from DHGATE Seller TRUSTWIN-WIN I did and got a FAKE PILE OF ****. Cant say for davidjacket but dont use DHGATE and the Seller TRUSTWIN-WIN they are fake knock off and are super small. I sent mine back to CHINA and now I am out 57 bucks to ship it back for a refund.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:01 PM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
I agree 100%.

This subject really pisses me off...

Those of you who are saying that Harley gets the jackets from China let me ask you a question. Did Davidjacket build up the brand? Did they design the jacket? Did they set and maintain the quality control standards that that we, Americans require?

If you buy this jacket because you always admired davidjackets and thought the eagles / wings / logos that davidjackets designed were cool and stood for something you agreed with then by all means buy the jacket. If not, you are doing it in full knowledge that they, a Chinese company are ripping off HD, an American company and you are helping them.

Ask yourselves this question...

If the single most important criteria for motorcycles and accessories for you is price then why do you ride a Harley?
Nobody was attacking your precious Chinese sh-- products, ok? No need to put in big red letters about the fricking criteria about motorcycles and accessories. WE-GET-IT-ALREADY!!!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:19 PM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wakko47
The expression in its entirety is "The bitterness of poor quality lasts far longer than the sweetness of good price."

The issue I have here though is that HD isn't selling American made products for a premium, they're selling Chinese made products at a premium. For those that want to stay loyal to the brand, are they really staying loyal to the customers by charging $400 for a Chinese leather jacket that likely cost less than $50 to make and ship over here?

If the dealer HD gear was made in the US, I'd pay the extra to support it.
Well said Wakko47. This issue has been dbated on other threads, and the defenders of Chinese manufactured products (must be closet Wal-Matians) use the same shopworn arguments-eg. "high quality"/low price, global markets, the list goes on and on. Yet each of their points can be refuted, and he shortsighted nature of their views is a reflection of the attitude of the American population in general.

It will be interesting to see the posts that follow this one. I wonder if they follow this in Beijing? if so, the Chinese have little to worry about when it come to America getting its act together.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:32 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Search Function

There has been many, many pages on several posts a few days ago with many, many pictures. Just use the search function brought to you by this great site. These are non-solicited posts by our own members who have no interest in the company.

LINkY

Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 AM
holy smoke
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KnucklesandBones
Hi everyone,

I live in the Netherlands and ordered twice with davidjackets.
Flawless, beautifull Harley leather jackets. For a fraction of the costs what I would pay over here. Had NO problems at all with this guy.
So I would do it right again..........

Cheers
-K I'm about to process an order through theses guys, I was assuming the sizing will be the same from Davidjacket as it is in the HD shop? If I get ripped off my wife is likely going to turn my nut sack into a tanned leather coin purse..........here's to hoping
knuckles and bones that you're recommendation is good......spectacles ********* wallet and warch

Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Moyer490
Stage IV
Default David Jacket

I ordered $250 worth of stuff to checked them out a few months ago.With the bank fee of $30 plus shipping $60, I still saved $100.Quality is same as dealer.

Last edited by Moyer490; 08-14-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked up my jacket from http://www.kerrleathers.com/jackets.html I got the vented racing/cruise jackey... Very nice quality, and I don't care that it doesn't have a Harley logo on it.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 PM
holy smoke
4th Gear
Thumbs up

So all went well with David Jacket, I ordered a jacket and a vest. After the moneygram fee my grand total was $422 delivered to me in less than 2 weeks. My brother just bought a jacket and no vest for 600 at the dealership......I will be ordering again for my wife!

Quick Reply: ????davidjacket.com???