General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Father and Son go down.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Pappassportster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets please not forget what teh article said. the so said his dad was not responding to him which even though he was 37 could of ment he had a stroke or Heart attack. With out kowing the hole information lets not judge. Someone lost there life and his family has to deal with it. And if he was drinking they are having to deal with that also because has been said he made a very bad choice if he was and payed the altimate price for it his life. So say a prayer for his family and his soul and lets not Judge the man. the is only one person who should be judging him and that is the man above.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:51 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

How quickly we place judgement without knowing all the facts.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:52 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

I think me and PAPPASPORTSTER must have read a different article.---from what i remember the bike wasnt just purchased They had it for several months already.I dont know how much experience the dad had....dont think it said....but he main thing is that the father evidently had a heart attack or somthing and that is why he didnt make the turn.----the kid said his dad slumped over and wasnt responding...???? i think that is a bigger problem than drinking or going to fast.----glad the kid lived...to bad for the dad.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Robmitch49
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I read the article in the op I think it was a completly different article than most here read. No metion of "Dad" drinking, and many posters here act like the kid was 9 not 19 years old. Speeding??? Article says 5 to 10 MPH when the dad slumped over. Seems like when he slumped over the throttle went with him, then things got BAD.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Ockam
Tourer

ABC edited and updated the article which now includes a statement by the son. Basically they used journalistic integrity and followed up on the original report which was vague and had some notable errors (including an assumption that the elder Brooks was speeding and that it was a recently purchased bike). I read both the original version and the edited copy.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:00 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Tragic and sad.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 PM
zimman20
Tourer

Originally Posted by Robmitch49
I read the article in the op I think it was a completly different article than most here read. No metion of "Dad" drinking, and many posters here act like the kid was 9 not 19 years old. Speeding??? Article says 5 to 10 MPH when the dad slumped over. Seems like when he slumped over the throttle went with him, then things got BAD.
Glad it wasn't just me, I was trying to figure out what article I'd read that everyone else didn't have the above details that I'd just read! Sad...prayers for the family.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:34 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Prayers to the family, just goes to show you can't judge anything until you know the facts, the first few post were calling the man a complete idiot based on assumptions.....

Old 06-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Strange how getting more facts changes the views. It's easy to be a judge behind a keyboard.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:42 AM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

5-10 mph is NOT too fast, and they said alcohol MIGHT be a factor, it also didnt say how long or little the father had ridden, son said dad was unresponsive.. sounds like a stroke or heart attack to me, doubt the wife and son would let the dad ride if he was hammered

Quick Reply: Father and Son go down.