Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Got stopped at a MC checkpoint.. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/659793-got-stopped-at-a-mc-checkpoint.html)

Ultra Rider 07 06-28-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by smokey422 (Post 8509769)
If they want to pull one dumb drunk bastard, then WHY AREN'T THEY STOPPING THE CARS, TOO? I have lost two good friends to drunks and both were in cars, not on bikes. What if the cops come to your house one night and kick down the door to see if you're doing anything illegal? If you're not doing anything wrong, what's the big deal, right?

Smokey

Don't get out much. I have seen plenty of DUI checkpoints for the cagers. Funny how we all blame the cops when they are only doing there job following there freaking orders. As far as the cops kicking in my door, here we go again stretching the bullshit. Sorry about the loss of your friends, but most of us have been through it. All the more reason to support the efforts being made by law enforcement to keep the roads safe. And besides in the original post it sounded like the cops were ok.

bjewell 06-28-2011 07:34 PM

I had to stop reading cause by page last it was making m crazy.

Mi3ninos totally gets it.

If you think there is a political solution, i.e., left vs. right, you are completely wrong and probably a fool. I used to be in that business, the game is fixed.

Our rights ARE being taken away.

This board is being watched and you are being filed away for future use. That is a fact.

The so-called 1% clubs are some of the last bastions of freedom, despite all the "they're gangsters" stuff.

When they finally make the power grab that puts us into on giant-ass Gitmo it will happen so fast that you won't stand a chance unless you are 100 percent prepared.

What is happening now is the dissolution of a European-culture based country for good or ill depending on how you look at it. i know how I do. No offense to anyone else.

Get educated. Read Orwell's "1984." It totally describes today.

Prepare for the worst. It will be even worse than that.

Back to being a "citizen..."

TattoodCaptain 06-28-2011 08:00 PM

The boards being watched? here's for the watchers :) ,,l,, ,,l,, ,,l,, ,,l,,

bjewell 06-28-2011 08:07 PM

You laugh...

SIDECAR BOB 06-28-2011 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by simpkinst (Post 8504948)
what rights?

riding (and driving) is not a right.

Actually it is a right to travel unimpeaded , I don't have it here with me but there is case law. however your right to drive can be taken away for public safety, I know this will start a flaming and sorry I don't have the case here to cite.
roadblocks that single out any single mode of transportation or profile of the person is a gross violation. Those mc only roadblocks are only a way to make some money from grants from the goverment. bet a lot of the guys workiing thoses thing dont really want to be doing it , or at least are only in it for the o.t.

TattoodCaptain 06-28-2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by bjewell (Post 8510273)
You laugh...

I'm not laughing, I'm flipping them off.....while smiling:)

simpkinst 06-28-2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by ftanner (Post 8508807)
But Freedom to Assemble and Freedom of Travel, most certainly, *ARE* rights afforded under the US Constitution.

The Bill of Rights DOES NOT afford or grant any right.

Rights are self evident, god given rights that NO Government can affringe upon.

You should know the difference. The Bill of Rights Mearly DOCUMENTS these rights and states the Government cannot take these away.

If the GOVERNMENT granted rights, they can jsut as easily take them away.

And driving or riding still does not fall under a right.

bjewell 06-28-2011 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by TattoodCaptain (Post 8510286)
I'm not laughing, I'm flipping them off.....while smiling:)

Got it... ;- )

FlyLow 06-28-2011 08:20 PM

I think those road blocks are no different than hunting dove over a baited field. The dove come to you instead of going out hunting them.
It's to damn easy to sit under a shade tree and let the public come to them than go out catch folks passing on a double yellow line, running redlights , or even selling dope on the corner to young kids. I can not figure it out here if we let our insurance laps you are flagged at the Motor Vehicle office and can not get new tags, renew license or get an ID without paying a large fine for having had your insurance laps even for a couple of days. It's all on a computer there no reason for the cops to get involved since it ends up and the Motor Vehicle Officce anyway.
Put the police to better use get the dope dealers and crack heads off the street.
Don Enlow (FlyLow)

stro1965 06-28-2011 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by bjewell (Post 8510130)
This board is being watched and you are being filed away for future use. That is a fact.

C'mon bjewell, you seriously believe that? Paranoia will take years off your life man!