General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Rare Harley (what do I do?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:15 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sinks88
So I have what Ive been told 1 of 4... 1977 XLT's left in its original configuration! I knew this this guy was rare (they made 1099 of em) but I had no idea how rare, I talked to one of my buddes, who helped restore one of the 4 left and Harley Museum purchased it from him for around 15K. I guess what im looking for is a bit more info and help on what I actually have/what a guy shoud do. Do I try to contact Harley, and who would that even be? Do I.....??? I dont know guys, as I have never had anything this rare.

Any info/comments would be helpful!
thanks!
Why not talk to your buddy since he has already been down this road?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:17 AM
sinks88
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pargenz
Why not talk to your buddy since he has already been down this road?
I have tried, and will continue to try, as he is one of them "out of towners" that are always on the go, and he has my number and I dont have his....either way to awnser you: I am and will be, but just trying to get as much info as possible and I thought this forum would be a good bet

Old 07-25-2011, 11:21 AM
AFHarley
Cruiser

I find it strange we have not seen pics yet....

Old 07-25-2011, 11:21 AM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 AM
sinks88
Advanced

Originally Posted by AFHarley
I find it strange we have not seen pics yet....

I have said more then once that its my avitar and that Im going to have some tonight

Old 07-25-2011, 11:26 AM
sinks88
Advanced

I email him just now, the email address I tried that I eluded to in my earlier posts most have been old!

thanks for the link!!!!!

Old 07-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Wild Card
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I would find someone who thinks it's worth a bunch of money, and sell it to him for a deal

Old 07-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sinks88
-^-
Nothing with this rare version is fact in my eyes yet, I am speaking to what little information there is on this model and some aquantances with further experience in this realm of the "XLT"
I started this thread to reach out to some of you who might have more info then I, and help me get through the mess that is finding real facts about this model.
Im not here to get into the drama of what is fact and fiction as viewed in what makes an "original", I am simply trying to get to a point that I can speak intellegently about what I have an dwhat it means to the history of HD and motorcycles.
That's the problem with this, and most other internet message boards - you have to weed through the morons to get anything of substance. But it does exist on here, that's why I still frequent the place, you just gotta look.

Looks like you got a few good leads. I'd also suggest getting ahold of one of that guys at the National Motorcycle Museum, or Dale and his guys at Wheels Through Time in North Carolina (although they're moving) and Chris Maida or Buzz Kanter of Classic American Iron magazine and website and message board. All these places have websites and contact info.

I work as a spotter for an Australian muscle car and motorcycle exporter. Sometimes I run into older bikes we might be interested in, but don't know that much about. I use the internet. And sometimes, it takes a while, but I get most of the information I need eventually. Sometimes that leads to message board posts, emails and the occasional phone call.

Good luck.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:58 AM
michaelm
Tourer

It may be rare, but it's not beautiful.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:57 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,197 Likes on 1,272 Posts

I sent you a private message with help.

Carl

Quick Reply: Super Rare Harley (what do I do?)