General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mother Harley Changes MORE Policies!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

HD could try to be like Apple and adopt a price parity policy where sell its parts in every country for basically the same price, with reasonable markup for customs/importing fees. But instead HD wants to gouge in its overseas markets, charging 2-3 times the price that it charges in the US. F*ck that, if I can't get HD parts for a reasonable price I just won't buy them anymore. Luckily my bike mods are practically done.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Thought I read where the moco stopped dealers from selling on ebay. Thought I read it here. They are protecting their dealers in a tough market.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Their policy of not shipping overseas is going to cost US dealers a lot of sales.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:28 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's just capitalism man. Don't like it, don't buy it. Free market, and max profit....'tis god's way.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:34 AM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
HD could try to be like Apple and adopt a price parity policy where sell its parts in every country for basically the same price, with reasonable markup for customs/importing fees. But instead HD wants to gouge in its overseas markets, charging 2-3 times the price that it charges in the US. F*ck that, if I can't get HD parts for a reasonable price I just won't buy them anymore. Luckily my bike mods are practically done.
Ya got 'em shiverin in their boots....they'll be up all night in the HD boardroom worrying about it.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:05 AM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
Yep same here in Australia-- I have everything I need now for a year, and may go aftermarket next time when needed.
A couple of months ago HD Australia announced P&A discounts and would nearly meet the O/S pricing discounts.
It will be interesting to see where they go from here with that.... I think I know already...

I feel your pain about P&A in Japan... I worked there from 2002-2006 off and on and was amazed at the prices-- although not so much dearer than in Oz then...

Old 08-11-2011, 05:25 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by gogogadgetbiker
If any of our Canadian Brothers need a part bought/shipped to them I would be glad to order from Zanotti's and ship it to you afterwards. Just shoot me a PM.

I have ZERO interest in making anything for doing this, it just seems like the right thing to do.

If you think I am trying to scam you, don't bother contacting me. If you need help getting a part and have faith that there are still good people in the world I'd be glad to help you out. "As long as it doesn't get out of hand of course."
Originally Posted by 1HarleyGuy1
It's members like this that make this site so great!!!! Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it!!

1HarleyGuy1
Interestingly, I offered all my Japanese rider friends the same basic deal (import oem parts at US dealer price + shipping) before this policy took effect, since most of 'em can't speak English and since dealers here charge 2-3x what they charge in the States, but not many of them ever took me up on it. Guess they'd rather go to dealer, pay triple and have it now rather than wait a week or two.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Larry64
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 76 Posts

Its not just Harley. I live on the Canadian boarder and if my cell phone hits a Canadian tower I get charged with international roaming, I don't even have a passport.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey guys...the MoCo is just doing what GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, VW, Suzuki, KIA, Hyundai, and 99% of all other automotive manufacturers do....keep control of their aftermarket parts.

NEWS FLASH: Thee is more profit margin in aftermarket OE parts than in the fully assembled bike itself.

2nd NEWS FLASH: The new CEO at Harley Davidson came form Johnson Controls...one of the top 5 tier one automotive suppliers in the industry. So, you can be damn sure he is going o make the MoCo one healthy profitable company.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry64
Its not just Harley. I live on the Canadian boarder and if my cell phone hits a Canadian tower I get charged with international roaming, I don't even have a passport.
You don't have to pay it.

Quick Reply: Mother Harley Changes MORE Policies!