General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle superstitions

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Glidedsternfan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Yes!

It is indeed bad luck to ride with the passenger pegs down because, sure as ****, the wife is gonna ask "Who in the hell has been riding on the back?!?!".

Right?

GSF

Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 PM
dieselguy65
Tourer

ok, maybe beliefs were the right word to use. as i myself am not superstitious.
I also never have apassenger on the bike unless it is already ruinning.
I got one girl like to ride, thinks she has to hop on before me, drives me crazy. let me get on mbike and start it, then you get on. thats just the way i always done it. I like the passenger to get off before i back into a parking space also.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:32 PM
dieselguy65
Tourer

Originally Posted by Glidedsternfan
It is indeed bad luck to ride with the passenger pegs down because, sure as ****, the wife is gonna ask "Who in the hell has been riding on the back?!?!".

Right?

GSF
maybe thats the reason dad always said that!

Old 08-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,709 Likes on 1,993 Posts

Hmmm, no passenger pegs on the bike at all (solo seat). I mount up from whatever side I happen to be standing on. Usually the left, but if I'm on the side of the road, I'll mount up from the right, so I'm on the side away from the traffic.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:44 PM
piggy
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll Ride with my pass pegs DOWN for EVERY Patriot Guard mission im on. Symbolic at best, but i feel the HERO IM riding for will Ride ( in spirit) with me if they choose. Other times there up.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Maybe its just me but, if I forget to fold up the passenger floorboards and take a slow
(walking speed) sharp turn and put my foot down, and let my foot stay in contact with the ground its no superstition, IT HURTS!
I've ridden all my life with no Ride Bell, bought my RK which had a bell attached, I took it off before I rode the bike. It just felt like the thing to do.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:48 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Glidedsternfan

Right?

GSF
But if you leave them down all the time she never knows any different if some strange poon tang has been on the back of "her" bike.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:00 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only one I've ever heard of was the green bike thing and that a gremlin bell should be a gift and never bought for yourself. I'd never have a green bike so no need to worry about that, but I bought myself a bell because I thought it was really cool looking. I try to keep my passenger pegs up because when walking my bike out of a parking spot or whatever the pegs hit the backs of my legs.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:13 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,045 Likes on 17,526 Posts

Heard all kinds of personal superstitions over the yrs mine is never keeping a bike I've had a wreck with or has gone out from under me . With the love and care I put into each and everyone I feel it just tried to kill me so just like a bitchy women it's gone .

Before the snipers get busy sig bike has been rock solid and never on her side in 30 yrs next month she's never failed me .

Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

Well I guess I screwed up then............

When I bought my bike I had no hunting lodge or wiki-up, so I fashioned a lodge out of a parachute (ex-airborne) and pvc poles. I hung a war shield on the left side as you entered in to the lodge, with a dream catcher on the right side. I placed the bike in the middle (where the fire pit would be) and proceeded to burn fresh sage all around the bike wafting the sweet sent of sage all over the bike in-order to invoke the spirits of the hunting and war ponies upon my trusted new steed (Oh yea the peyote was good also). Hence the name "El Caballo de Diablo Rojo" of the bike

Quick Reply: motorcycle superstitions