General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Favorite biker hang out where you live is...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 07:55 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Favorite biker hang out where you live is...

Route 66 in So Cal

Old 11-19-2006, 07:58 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is no real good hang out. We tend to goto a bar called Iron Pony, get tons of bikes out there......mainly RUBS.
Several different bars that call themselfs biker bars.....sports barswith a bike night really.

Going downtown INDY is a good place to hangout and people watch, plenty of bars and resturants.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

Here in Lake County Illinois it's

KC's Corner- way up by the Wisconsin State Line Rt 173 and Wilmont Rd.-A lot bikes pass through on the way up north or out west to escape cages-Great Burgers and activities...

Jesse Oaks Gages Lake IL- Very biker friendly indoor and outdoor bar-lots of variety on the menu (women and food) Sometimes girls get crazy and start flashing their OO and a bit more.

Austin's Saloon Libertyville IL- Frequently has live music - great menu,has a Stugis theme weekend gathering,drinks are a rip off-a bit of a RUB place

My current Favorite is FatMans Inn- At RT 41 and rt 21 Gurnee IL been there forever-new ownership zillions of bikes there on weekends,outdoor cookouts BBQ Ribs etc,etc,etc - More of a true biker bar than the other places,the half pound burgers are great,cooked the way you ask them to cook 'em.Best Guacomole around.

The Bunker Waterford Wisc.- East from Burlington WI, on 20(N) off of HWY 36 you can see it from 36 it's right by the Burger King. A bit north of me up in Wisconsin - Some Vietnam era artifacts (Helicopter etc) around the place,lots of bikes on the weekends from what the regulars tell me.Looked great,I plan to visit several times when it warms up.

Lucky for me I can ride up out of Northern Illinois to Southern Wisconsin there's tons of biker friendly bars I've yet to explore,fewer cages and beautiful scenery.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:55 PM
bagr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Bunker is a great place. Pretty sure it's in Waterford WI. They have a great 1/2 lb burger.
Ther's the Tank out front and a Helicopter on Display. Nice deck out back with camo covering.

Another place is in Eagle WI. along the Kettle Moraine Scenic Trail. Not sure of the bar name but cant miss it with LOTS of Milwaukee Iron always there.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain

Dinosaur Barbeque in downtown Syracuse, NY. Any Night. Every night. YOur choice.
BA

Old 11-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Nadil
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: cjmilez

The best one around here is Auntie Skinner's in Jefferson, TX... or Mom's Biker bar, or our good ole Harley Shop on Saturday nights...free beer out back!
I like Auntie Skinner's too!

Old 11-19-2006, 11:18 PM
ponte
Cruiser

Yella Beak here in Enumclaw. They have bike night every Thursday during the riding season. I feel a little deprived after visiting my Dad who lives in CT. Tons of choices over there. Marcus Dairy being a pretty cool place to meet up on Sundays.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:32 PM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: glebo

The Chrome grill on Owen Drive in Fayetteville, NC or Charlie Mikes on Riellly rd. Great folks and nice places at both.
I was up there when Rick's burnt down. 1986 I think. Then there was the Flaming Mug. There was also a little biker bar on Bragg Blvd called the Blue Moon, or something like that.

My two favorite places where I live now are the Red Barn in Phenix City, AL, and the Four Winds in Cusseta,Ga. The Four Winds is more of a restaurant than a bar (except for Friday and Saturday nights), but has some of the best burgers in the WORLD. I am not a big hamburger fan, but I ride out there every time that I am at home to take my son to get a Ranger burger. You would like it, Glebo. They have a lot of items and pictures that have been donated by folks that have been in either the Rangers or SF, including a bunch of snapshots that bring back the not so long ago old days.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:42 PM
06Fatty
Tourer

I like The Broken Oar in Port Barrington,IL. Lots of bikes on the weekends and it's located right on the river so you get boat traffic as well. Lots of good people watching. Most every weekend in the summer and early fall they have live entertainment outside. Get some really good local bands.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:46 PM
E DOGG
Road Master

There's a road on the tippy top of this mountain. While driving , you can see the ocean. And on the other side is San Jose and the BAY AREA. They have Delis and Resturants up there . All Kinds of Bikers go up there. I think is called Skyline Boulevard... I don't know[]

Quick Reply: Favorite biker hang out where you live is...