General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phat Performance Parts: Cobra PowrPro Test

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Sassinak
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With a new engine, I'm going with the DynoJet Power Vision...

Old 06-21-2012, 09:23 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Since my last posting, I installed a set of Vance and Hines Monster Ovals, and was anxious to see if the PowrPro lived up to its advertising and adapted to this exhaust change. I was waiting for a windless day to test, to closely simulate my previous tests.

Well, the wind never seems to quit, so tonight I went out and and dealt with it. Shifting again at 6,000 RPM, you can hear the performance of the TC88. I made no other changes other than the addition of the Vance and Hines Monster Ovals. Air temp is 72, oil temp at 200, running non-oxygenated 91 octane.

(Video removed for legal reasons. See last post!)

On the second run, I hit the rev limiter on one shift, which accounts for the misfire.

There are now several threads on the forum about the PowrPro. Again, my bike is an '06, TC 88, before the addition of the ox sensors. This unit has worked flawlessly for me, but my real test will be in August when we go over the mountains to the west coast, and I'll be able to compare to our trip last summer to Arizona.

At this point in time, I couldn't be happier with its performance.

Last edited by MNPGRider; 08-23-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:20 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

Well, the little lady said the Monster Ovals were too loud, so after about 500 miles I put my modified stock pipes back on, and experienced my first "hiccup" with the PowrPro. My '06 ran like crap for about two miles, but after a couple of fairly hard accelerations it relearned and now the bike is running great again. It definitely adjusts to the changes.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 PM
03psd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
Well, the little lady said the Monster Ovals were too loud, so after about 500 miles I put my modified stock pipes back on, and experienced my first "hiccup" with the PowrPro. My '06 ran like crap for about two miles, but after a couple of fairly hard accelerations it relearned and now the bike is running great again. It definitely adjusts to the changes.

great review and I appreciate the updates.

As far as the noise, I dont believe that it would have been the mufflers I would have gotten rid of.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:51 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

This will be my last post on this PowerPro review. I have been running it now for almost a year, and really find nothing negative to say about it. Again, the biggest difference I have noticed is the increased power at 65 mph and up.

First off, I removed the videos I posted earlier in this thread, after reading a story about a guy who had his bike impounded, forfeited, and sold after posting its performance on You Tube.

Secondly, I wasn't able to make my west coast trip over the Rockies this summer, but did go out to Sturgis, and got up to about 7200 feet elevation maximum. On the way out, I was with a group of 8 other Harleys, and we rode at interstate speed against a severe head wind. We had a mix of TC88's and TC96's, some stock, some modified. I used the most gas of any of the bikes between gas stops, but never lacked for power. As an example, at one gas stop, I had to fill 4.7 gallons, and the next worse bike was 4.3 gallons.

I had no problems in the Black Hills, and rarely shifted down from 5th, unless traffic speed required it. In short, it performed flawlessly in the Black Hills.

On the way home, a distance of 450 miles, in normal riding conditions (minimal wind), at 65-70 mph, I averaged 42 mpg.