General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What have you run over?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Lilman
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Never hit anything on a street bike bigger than a squirrel. But back in my younger days I was terrorizing the rural dirt roads on a RM250 Suzuki one Saturday afternoon and came across the biggest rattlesnake I have ever seen, right in the middle of a curve no less. To this day I have never seen a Diamondback as big as that one. Bigger around than a man's bicep and long enough to stretch almost all the way across the road.

I hit him, didn't go down but it did scare the crap out of me! Went back home, got the truck, a gun and a buddy but we never found the snake. In retrospect, that might have been a good thing!

Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Plastic shopping bag, only when I got home did I discover it had melted to my pipe...what a bitch to get off

Old 09-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I hit a dog. Damn thing came running out from between some parked cars. Didn't have time to slow down much, much less stop. I went completely over the dog, both tires. Bark, bark, bark, bump, bump, yelp. I had time to get ready for the impact, but that was about it. This was a '70s Bonneville bobber I had at the time. It was a pretty easy bike to ride, and didn't weigh all that much. The dog limped off, so I presume it lived.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:22 PM
TheFrogCrusher
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Frogs. Probably dozens of them crossing the road one spring evening. Never saw anything like it and my bike got a bit wonky feeling as I crushed 'em flat in a slight downhill turn. Kind of like slippery meets big gravel would feel.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:36 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,961 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Probably the strangest experience was running over a raccoon on the RK while pulling a trailer.

Was doing about 45 and went straight over it front and back tires.

At the next stop asked the wife if she had seen it. She had not, she did not even know we had run it over. Thought the bump bump was just a small pothole.

Kevin

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 09-26-2011, 02:40 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I once "Evil Kneiveled" off a deer that got hit by the car directly in front of me. Old motocross riding days kicked in & I jacked the throttle to lift the front end up/yanked up on the bars right as I hit that damn thing directly in the unsmashed rib cage. I was doing about 55 mph before jacking the throttle. I landed it rubber side down and only broke my exhaust bracket.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:15 PM
jrcisu79
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my way home from work I hit 2 cats, one was chasing the other. They ran out of some tall grass and immediately did a 90 degree turn in the same direction I was going. I grabbed all the brake I could but I still got them both. It scared the **** right outta me, once I got home I laughed a little, but at the time it was not funny. I couldn't have been going more than 40 when I hit them, but when you hit a small bump you CAN get a Deuce off the ground.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,922 Likes on 6,260 Posts

Some lady in front of me hit a cat with her car, and it got stuck hanging down from the rear bumper. For the next 20 miles, we would have to swerve a little every time a piece fell off.

One other time, a car was tailgating me quite closely, so I put my heavy boot down and kicked a really ripe, bloated woodchuck that somebody else had hit. It exploded all over the front of the car. My boot was kinda disgusting after that too.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Some of you guys would make good fictional book authors!

Old 09-26-2011, 03:40 PM
medicsn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's about a twin size mattress that fell out of a truck on a Honda CB360. Got some air on that one....

Quick Reply: What have you run over?