Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Made In China (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/693507-made-in-china.html)

streetpep 09-29-2011 07:04 PM

Made In China

My cousin came from Italy for the first time in his life and wanted to buy some Harley apparel, so I bring him to the local dealership. He bought a nice button up shirt which was $60, a tee shirt and a money clip. When we got home he was looking at the tags and he noticed that everything was made in china. He was disappointed because He said Harley is a symbol of the USA and they don't even make there products here, that to me is f##ked up. He said if he noticed it he wouldn't even bought it because they charge so much for stuff even more in Europe and probably get it made for a fraction of the price and they are not even Americans making it. I don't know how stuff works but what do others think?

harlista01 09-29-2011 07:28 PM

Mixed emotions about it. Lately everything is made in china. The things that are not are groceries. I had the surprised after I bought my nice Harley jacket. Nevertheless I bought it used and for 1/4 of retail.

dirtdreamer50 09-29-2011 07:29 PM

Welcome to the 21st century. It's all about profit, and China is offering the greatest margins on the planet, at this time. Just how much of our Dynas is actually made in the USA? Forks, shocks, tires, etc, are all out sourced from around the world.
Just go to walmart and try to find something, anything made here for us to purchase. I'm not happy about it either, but without the outsourcing, our Dynas would have to sell for possibly 2x the prices we paid. It's a very competitive world in which we live, today...

Dirknar 09-29-2011 07:35 PM

I think Is BS.. Its a race to the bottom wage, watch some of the documentary's on the Chinese labor crimes.. But of course on the other hand its nearly impossible to get away from purchasing items made in China.

I was recently excited to purchase a Harley Leather Jacket and got a 489 dollar coat for 175 from a guy on craigslist. I get home and Im looking it over really well and of coarse on the tag..

Harley Davidson An American legend
made in china

Austin Dave 09-29-2011 07:36 PM

If I know something is made in china, I don't buy it.

ilovemyskidoo 09-29-2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Austin Dave (Post 8877196)
If I know something is made in china, I don't buy it.

how doo you doo that when almost everything is made there

Flippy02 09-29-2011 07:47 PM

there is a company that now makes chopsticks in the US and sells to China

Toypuller 09-29-2011 07:49 PM

Corporations are built and run to do one thing. Make a profit.

They answer to shareholders who invest their money to make a return.

Don't blame the companies, it is their whole purpose to get and make things as efficiently as possible.

Blame the hostile business environment in this country for making it criminal for generating a profit.

dirtdreamer50 09-29-2011 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Flippy02 (Post 8877258)
there is a company that now makes chopsticks in the US and sells to China

I love it...
Louisiana crawfish goes to china, and here in Texas, we get crawfish from china. Make any sense too you?

HemiOrange 09-29-2011 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Toypuller (Post 8877273)
Corporations are built and run to do one thing. Make a profit.

They answer to shareholders who invest their money to make a return.

Don't blame the companies, it is their whole purpose to get and make things as efficiently as possible.

Blame the hostile business environment in this country for making it criminal for generating a profit.

That, incredible as it sounds, is the truth of the matter.