General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle shipping co bumped me...wont

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 03:03 PM
atamagashock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle shipping co bumped me...wont

promise me the bike will be on next weeks truck either! what a shitty way to run a buisness. ive been calling them all week, called yesterday and never once did they mention this. then today they call and say the truck is full and theres no room for the bike to be picked up. so pissed of right now......

Old 10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I told you I would ride it to you for a nominal fee

Old 10-12-2011, 04:19 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,101 Likes on 17,546 Posts

What they aren't saying is they are waiting till they have a full trailer to send to your destination , could take a while . Your bad for not nailing down a delivery date in writing and I would inspect the hell out the bike before it leaves their dock if and when it does get there . If they are playing these games I'd suspect the care factor and gentle handling are non existent .

Start using the term Attorney in your conversations .

Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 184 Posts

Tell them that you are sure it will fit, especially if they cut it up in little pieces.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
What they aren't saying is they are waiting till they have a full trailer to send to your destination , could take a while . Your bad for not nailing down a delivery date in writing and I would inspect the hell out the bike before it leaves their dock if and when it does get there . If they are playing these games I'd suspect the care factor and gentle handling are non existent .

Start using the term Attorney in your conversations .
Attorney? Get real. If the truck is full you wait for the next rotation unless you wish to consign the whole truck.

If a customer started that Attorney crap I would just tell him to lose my number. I don't need his business.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:21 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah why always a attorney

Old 10-13-2011, 10:24 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Been around the industry a long time people and a lot of the players today need a prod to handle things in timely fashion , clean your ears and eyes I said mention one not use . What says he has to before this over ? Get real ......

Old 10-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,221 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Been around the industry a long time people and a lot of the players today need a prod to handle things in timely fashion , clean your ears and eyes I said mention one not use . What says he has to before this over ? Get real ......
Seriously bro, I think the attorney stuff is a bit over the top, timely fashion or not. You really think people are going to respond to a rhetorical threat? If I was the shipping company and some clown pulled that on me, I'd provide the numbers for my competition.

All this comes down to managing expectations. Shipping companies work in the most efficient manner, and that means that it may not be the most convenient for the buyer. That said, I recently bought a bike in NC. It's still at the dealer's, waiting to be picked up. I knew this before I sent the shippers money. I also knew that it could take up to 8 weeks to get to CO. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm sure if I had tried to pin them to a date, I would have been politely let down.

You get what you pay for. I paid more to ship with a company that I know is reliable, and was honest from the first phone call. It was worth the extra green to know they would respect my purchase, and be professional.

The waiting sucks, no doubt, but once that pretty Harley is unloaded at your door, you'll forget all about it. Just do what I am doing. Build your wish list of add-ons. It's fun, and you've got the time now to research the bike.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:51 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by fish eye
Seriously bro, I think the attorney stuff is a bit over the top, timely fashion or not. You really think people are going to respond to a rhetorical threat? If I was the shipping company and some clown pulled that on me, I'd provide the numbers for my competition.

All this comes down to managing expectations. Shipping companies work in the most efficient manner, and that means that it may not be the most convenient for the buyer. That said, I recently bought a bike in NC. It's still at the dealer's, waiting to be picked up. I knew this before I sent the shippers money. I also knew that it could take up to 8 weeks to get to CO. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm sure if I had tried to pin them to a date, I would have been politely let down.

You get what you pay for. I paid more to ship with a company that I know is reliable, and was honest from the first phone call. It was worth the extra green to know they would respect my purchase, and be professional.

The waiting sucks, no doubt, but once that pretty Harley is unloaded at your door, you'll forget all about it. Just do what I am doing. Build your wish list of add-ons. It's fun, and you've got the time now to research the bike.
Tell me something I don't know it's one the main reason's I airfreight bikes or anything important I won't use a trucking company I know exactly how they work . Did once and ended up suing the ******* brothers that run shady shippers , they lost the crate for 7 weeks and was a total trashed waste when it did show at last . That bike may travel 19 states just to cross 6 before it's done and there's more than a fair chance of damage or total loss when the delaying game get's started and we both know it . We don't have all the story so we don't know if the guy was given a delivery date or not .

Been at this game a long time guys I've bought , sold & moved bikes all over this country & to Europe I made my statement from experience .

Old 10-13-2011, 07:45 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,248 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Sounds like you are stuck and will be waiting...even longer...

Hong long the wait so far? Probably will be an equal amount of time again.

Got my 84 out of Michigan. Called around to several companies that were recommended. Minimum of 6 weeks with p/u and drop off dates that were spread from several days to a week.

Ended up driving out and hauling it back in my truck. Only got stopped three times (another BIG reason for avoiding interstate routes, but for this trip it was the most expedient).

Quick Reply: Motorcycle shipping co bumped me...wont