General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Trailer Their Bike in a Cargo Trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 02:48 AM
Harleybass
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for an 8 1/2' X 20, enclosed trailer, have been shopping brands, comparing different features. I think I've decided on the Haulmark Passport. I've heard all sorts of horror stories about some makes, so I think the Haulmark makes sense, not the cheapest, just a good trailer.

You guys that store your bike in a trailer, you might want to check out your insurance coverage and make sure your covered for storage.

A friend of mine is a pipeline welder, carries his bike always, uses his trailer as a garage for his bike. It got stolen, while loaded in the trailer and now he's having some problems with his insurance company about his coverage. It seems if your moving the bike it's OK, but using the trailer for long term storage puts it in another coverage classification. Basicly he's caught between two different insurance companies, both saying the other has to pay! Just a warning!

Another one of my friends, had a phobia about leaving his bike on a trailer. He said "My bike may get stolen tomorrow, but I'll be damned if I'll load it up for em"!

Just sumthin else to worry about!

Old 10-30-2011, 07:16 AM
takiniteasy09Ultra
Tourer

You ain't gonna use a chinese wheel chock on a mostly American made motorcycle are you?
Be prepared for the abuse if you do.

Ride Safe

Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

I have had both the Condor and the Bike Pro. Bike Pro is more stable.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:01 PM
xkvator
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harleybass
I'm looking for an 8 1/2' X 20, enclosed trailer, have been shopping brands, comparing different features. I think I've decided on the Haulmark Passport. I've heard all sorts of horror stories about some makes...!
would you mind elaborating on what youve found, concerning brands...

i'm looking for a 6X12...i work away during the week...and i want to keep a bike at my apartment...trailer in my carport...

the co. that owns Haulmark and otheres bought Wells Cargo, and the dealer around Harrisburg, Pa has decent price on the mid-range model...

i also see Cargo brand at a good price...