General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi loss of tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 10:46 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Icebreaker
Losing that much air in 2 weeks is not normal. Your service writer should be re-assigned to sweeping floors.
+1 That guy should be fired.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:50 AM
A Seabee
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen a lot of metal valve stems leak, 'cause the seal/nut/washer arrangement is a crappy set up. either that or the core is defective or loose.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:53 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

On my FXDSE the front tire would lose enough air to notice after a couple of days, keep in mind that this was a MH90 21" and with a tire that small any loss is huge, but I found that the tire would not seat correctly to the rim due to the chrome, took some still wool and scratched the inner bead of the rim and no more problem.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

They've had your bike for a week!?! That is pure b/s. Find the leak yourself & if it turns out to be poor casting make the seller replace it.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

B as in b, S and in s... Go get your wheel fixed by someone else...

Old 11-02-2011, 09:36 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i thought loosing 4lbs in a month was bad, i have wire wheels obviously with tubes they are known to loose alittle but that kind of air leak is crazy, it could be valve stem, i woulden`t ride it that way it could be dangerous

Old 11-02-2011, 09:58 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your dealer is full of crap. You should be able to leave it for months before seeing any noticeable loss of pressure.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:13 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,304 Likes on 1,343 Posts

I guess you need to tell your dealer that you took a poll and thousands of harley riders from all 50 states and all of the Canadian Provinces think that he is incompetent(bat **** crazy). Mine was a leaking stem.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:06 AM
HazyHog
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jmorganroadglide
I guess you need to tell your dealer that you took a poll and thousands of harley riders from all 50 states and all of the Canadian Provinces think that he is incompetent(bat **** crazy). Mine was a leaking stem.
LOL..the power of the forum.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:10 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DOMAPOI
My son recently bought a new wheel and tire from the local H-D dealer here in San Diego. He usually keeps his filled to the max tire pressure of 41 PSI. His old front tire was a spoke tire just like mine is, but his new one is a tubeless aluminum wheel. After less than two weeks he looses so much pressure that you can push the tire down to the rim with your thumb (less than 10 PSI in the tire). Last week we took it back to H-D and although the dealer says they will check it out, the service writer at the service counter says that it is typical for front tires to loose that much air in that amount of time. I told him I thought he was sadly mistaken and that I nor my son before the new wheel and tire, ever lost that much air or any where near it. And that I have not heard of any of our other friends having that problem, nor have I heard of that being typical on the forums. He said that it would be rare if anyone was not loosing that much air and insisted that it was typical to loose that much air.

I call bull $hit on him but just to make sure, Let me here if anyone out there thinks that this much air loss is typical. Is it possible that I, my sons old tire and all our friends are just the lucky ones out there and we have all beaten the odds astronomically?

Buy the way they have had the bike now for a week and still have not called us back to let us know if they had found anything out.
don't forget to come back and tell us the outcome..... oh, and mention the dealer too.

Quick Reply: Hi loss of tire pressure