Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   I miss my bike (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/708926-i-miss-my-bike.html)

mike in dallas 12-01-2011 03:31 PM

:icon_bump1:having picked up bike on monday i knew right away that this motor was different. not only did it sound different but ran better. i went back to dealer on wed. and found out that they replaced my 96 with a 103.

drew4jan 12-01-2011 03:48 PM

Wow! Sounds like this may workout well for you!

mike in dallas 12-05-2011 04:35 PM

wouldnt you know it, got the bike back and it turned rainy and cold for 4 days... oh well.

RDK09 12-05-2011 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by mike in dallas (Post 9099048)
:icon_bump1:having picked up bike on monday i knew right away that this motor was different. not only did it sound different but ran better. i went back to dealer on wed. and found out that they replaced my 96 with a 103.

Sux u had to go thru this but u got a free motor upgrade, good deal if u ask me!

rtmichael 12-05-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by mike in dallas (Post 9111882)
wouldnt you know it, got the bike back and it turned rainy and cold for 4 days... oh well.

I've been trapped in Ft Worth. Hope to head for Arizona on Wednesday. Brrrrrr!

cardboard 12-05-2011 06:16 PM

What a heck of a Deal. A 103 instead of a 96 , what a great improvement.
I would ask if they went with the SE compensator sprocket with the motor change.

You got a bike that puts out more torque.

Breakin in a new engine is kinda tough .

But for a new motor especially a 103 I would do it in a heart beat.

Good luck.
I run nothin in mine but SE synthetic oil.

mike in dallas 12-05-2011 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by cardboard (Post 9112253)
What a heck of a Deal. A 103 instead of a 96 , what a great improvement.
I would ask if they went with the SE compensator sprocket with the motor change.

You got a bike that puts out more torque.

Breakin in a new engine is kinda tough .

But for a new motor especially a 103 I would do it in a heart beat.

Good luck.
I run nothin in mine but SE synthetic oil.

the dealer asked me to run syn 3 instead of amsoil. it seems they just dont know whats wrong with motor. i had to laugh when the servive tech. told me that amsoil wasnt actually approved for hd motors. i mean holy cow man yall put in in bikes at this dealer, i told him to read the back of bottle. not sure what im going to run as far as oil goes... maybe mobil 1. just so they cant say its the oil.
i do think i lucked out on the 103 though

cardboard 12-05-2011 07:40 PM

I'm a Amsoil dealer, not doing much with the dealer deal oh

Ran Amsoil in my last Electra Glide.
ran the SVO 75-90 n the tranny. at 30,000 miles all the bearings in the tranny had to be replaced.
Wasn't happy with the oil and the noises.

On this bike I'm runnin Screamin Eagle oil
Motor don't make as much noise with it.