General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Roc HD in New Rochelle, NY files 11

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:40 AM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
Old story but did it fall through? It's been a while.

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/H...rn-1397987.php
Brother's bought out Bridgeport but didn't re-open it. They now own the territory rights. It's crazy but there's no Harley dealership from the NYC line all the way up to Branford CT. Basically skiipping all of wealthy Westchester and Fairfield County. Except for Danbury Harley which is way out of the way for anybody near the shoreline.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:03 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nferr
Brother's bought out Bridgeport but didn't re-open it. They now own the territory rights. It's crazy but there's no Harley dealership from the NYC line all the way up to Branford CT. Basically skiipping all of wealthy Westchester and Fairfield County. Except for Danbury Harley which is way out of the way for anybody near the shoreline.
New Roc still operating and open under Ch 11 filing. They have said in this forum that they have the financing to continue operations. But for how long?

Old 01-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Midas317
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Protect yourselves now just in case

Hello forum members. I’m not really new to HD Forums, just new to the posting part and had some info that might be helpful to some folks here.

I think anyone with anything in the works at New Roc HD better get over there soon. Get your bike out, spend your gift card, whatever you got going, get it done. Why do I think this? The owner of Stamford and Bridgeport HD filed for Chapter 11 reorganization until HD corporate fought in court to have it converted to a Chapter 7 liquidation and won. Both dealerships were liquidated and closed. New Roc’s list of creditors is very long and one of his creditors might fight to convert his Chapter 11 to a Chapter 7 and win as well. If it happened to Stamford and Bridgeport, couldn’t it happen to New Roc too? If interested, here’s the list of creditors.

http://business-bankruptcies.com/cases/newroc-motorcycles-llc

Also, as far as continuing to operate under new ownership, HD corporate has to agree to this and it appears they don’t because they filed an objection to the sale with the bankruptcy court. Here’s the court calendar link. Click on Monday, 1/ 23.

http://www.nysb.uscourts.gov/calendars/rdd.html

No one at New Roc can tell you with any kind of certainty what will end up happening to them so for now I think everyone needs to protect themselves just in case it doesn't go well. Don't make decisions based on rumors, base them on the facts. Good luck!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:50 AM
CoixrdeliaGjylolass
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a amazing motorcycle. I relay say that you feel like a king while drives this. Its looking too good and it have good features and its look is too .I like it very much.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:11 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by CoixrdeliaGjylolass
Its a amazing motorcycle. I relay say that you feel like a king while drives this. Its looking too good and it have good features and its look is too .I like it very much.
I don't see here a nexus with NewRoc HD discussion,nor I understand what you're trying to say.
P.S.Isn't old NR HD now operating as Empire HD in New Rochelle?