General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered the leather jacket from China...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:25 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Nokia manufactures right here in the USA.
The Mac Pro is made here and the CEO says they will be bringing more products back on shore.

As the cost of labor in China rises more and more products are coming back - they may one day put themselves out of business.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Nokia manufactures right here in the USA.
Nokia is not Chinese and it may well be that USA labour cost is cheaper than Finnish.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:38 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by Scaredofrain
Nokia is not Chinese and it may well be that USA labour cost is cheaper than Finnish.
Well.....last I checked, Nokia made their phones in Beijing & Dongguan (China), Hanio (Vietnam), Masan (S. Korea), Chennai (India), Komarom (Hungary), Reynosa (Mexico) and Manaus (Brazil).

They have been moving much of their production to Hanoi though.

There's no USA plants on that list.....although they may do some pack out in US hubs.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adm
Well.....last I checked, Nokia made their phones in Beijing & Dongguan (China), Hanio (Vietnam), Masan (S. Korea), Chennai (India), Komarom (Hungary), Reynosa (Mexico) and Manaus (Brazil).

They have been moving much of their production to Hanoi though.

There's no USA plants on that list.....although they may do some pack out in US hubs.
That may well be but, my statement was about the origin of the company (Finland) and not whether it produced it's products at home or abroad.
But, thanks for the info.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:41 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,249 Likes on 8,383 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwideuce
the jacket would probably come from the same factory that makes the jackets for the harley dealerships

Originally Posted by Vins
If you haven't noticed, most of the stuff HD is selling is coming from there, now. HD leather is too thin. They recently moved their wheel plant from Astralia to China and put a couple hundred Aussies out of work. I get that if it were to bring the price down, but now we'll be paying premium prices for sub-par ****. Would rather spend an extra 2-300 for a quality USA made leather that will last a lifetime.
That`s why I won`t buy any Harley leather anymore. Fox Creek, and other American companies will get my business. Their prices aren`t any higher, but you get the quality and customer service you pay for.

Originally Posted by bruder
I will stick to buying american,we have a few shops here in NH that make their own leathers and the quality is good and the price not bad.rather support an american than a chinese.

Originally Posted by FXR_Hamster
I too would like to hear how this makes out (quality wise). Checked out the website, Oakleys for 13.00 ?? ...Chinese knock -offs ?...so wonder what quality the jacket has ..? Posting an update would be uber cool.
I still have a pair of Oakley sunglasses that I use every day on my bike. I bought them back in 2007. I didn`t mind paying $200+ for them then, and they have more than given my money`s worth since.

Originally Posted by Mississippi Birdman
I've got to put my 2 cents in. Most if what you get out of China is crap. I bought a labeled $600.00 leather jacket from Jo's A Bank, for $150.00. I went to a gathering where they gave those sticky name tags. Put it on the jacket. When I took it off, dye and leather material peeled right off the jacket, leaving a faded imprint where the sticker was. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Never again. I'll pay extra for one of the American made brands discussed on this forum.

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
How does that affect weather predictions?
Monsoons in the morning, 115* afternoon, ice storm tonight & -10*...

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-20-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:47 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

this thread still lives?