General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why do Harley owners hate each other?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:46 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hoethree
The ONLY form of any kind of "hatred" that I have seen or heard has mostly come from this forum. Someone makes a statement of some kind and immediately is criticized or condemned for their view. I think its an internet thing. Most of this stuff would not be repeated in the presence of a live audience. I think many people rise to the occasion to be a "big bad guy" behind the safety of a keyboard and computer.
just saying.......
a phrase i use often with regards to internet shenanigans: anonymity breeds animosity. it's very easy (and very tempting) to mouth off when you are wearing a mask, and when there are virtually no repercussions to your words.

to be honest i am somewhat tempted to agree with the folks who said that it might just be a HD thing in general. ive been a member of a number of other forums for other motorcycles and vehicles (svrider, sohc, a few bimmer forums, a couple tacoma forums, etc), and in my experience the animosity levels are highest here. that's not to say it's nonexistent in other forums, or that there aren't a lot of great people here, mind you. however i do honestly feel that people try to force their opinions (as opposed to merely sharing them, and listening to opinions of others) here at HDF much more frequently than all the other forums in which ive been active. not sure why that is (though i do have a theory), and that's just my (anecdotal) observation, so take it for what it's worth.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't hate Harley owners, I hate people who post on internet forums - when I'm on a Harley forum, it just seems like I hate harley owners. Obviously, I have some conflicts about that.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
warrick
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fvcking hate bike nights, events, poker runs, all that ****. Seems so many around here would rather stand in a blocked off street, parking lot, or bar and talk and drink.

I swing in for 20 minutes, grab a good BBQ sandwich, take a quick look for any bad *** bikes, then go ride.

A lot of the people I meet aren't necessarily rude, but they sure aren't very friendly. so fvck em.

I guess maybe it has to do with the sportster and not many in the area.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by osirisdean
a phrase i use often with regards to internet shenanigans: anonymity breeds animosity. it's very easy (and very tempting) to mouth off when you are wearing a mask, and when there are virtually no repercussions to your words.
True. If you've ever been punched or had drunks chasing you at night (long story), you tend to be a bit more careful about what you say and do in real life.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
True. If you've ever been punched or had drunks chasing you at night (long story), you tend to be a bit more careful about what you say and do in real life.
Let's hear the drunks punching & chasing you story....has to be better than this stupid thread....wtf has Schumacher turned into Rodney King?

Old 02-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Ed_Just_Ed
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
Let's hear the drunks punching & chasing you story....has to be better than this stupid thread....wtf has Schumacher turned into Rodney King?
Has anyone got a video of them getting a beatdown?
(Hey, where's the smilie eating popcorn?)

Old 02-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Amish gone bad
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by klap
..hey schu..are you a klingon?...just wondering..

Are you trying to follow Rule of Acquisition #31 or is that just by accident?

Well, I've finally read the entire thread here and I'm about ready to hate myself for that so its time to log off.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

ok guys, plenty of material....thanks

Old 02-07-2012, 03:35 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Locked by request of the OP.