General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be honest, do you down on vrods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 04:41 PM
SJ58
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, it's a Harley and I still want to take one for a test ride someday.....

Old 02-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by elbohead
Personally, I wouldn't down any bike. To me, that's some stupid elitist $hit that really means nothing. I hate to use the "ride what ya like" cliche, but, well, RIDE WHAT YOU LIKE!
I don't know that I can agree fully with your statement. True, there is a risk of sounding like an elitist but then it also sounds phony as hell to say that you like every bike. Actually what you said is that you don't down any bikes which is different. You are demonstrating respect for other people's choices and that's totally cool. But the question I think was more along the lines of whether or not you like a particular model motorcycle. I don't think that answering that honestly (if the answer is that you don't like it) means that you are somehow being disrespectful to anyone or being egotistical about what you do chose to ride.

I myself do think the V-Rod looks cool and like that it's from Harley Davidson, but because I am NOT an elitist, I would not buy one if I had the money and was in the market for that sort of bike. The reason being that if I wanted a sport bike motorcycle experience then I believe there are sport bikes out there that are FAR better suited to provide that experience and probably cost less because they don't have the Bar and Shield on it.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:55 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

I like the nightrod, but I don't know that I would ever buy one. If I wanted a bike for speed again, I would probably go in another direction. Not a bad bike though IMO.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:06 PM
jbmolly
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking at them, But I've never ridden one so I opted not to try it.
However I love the look of the night rod and the Muscle, and I've heard that they are fast. I'd buy one if I had the extra money.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:13 PM
CEJohnson21
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manobeer
Its a neck turning bike, cool but not my style.

If I wanted a rocket, I would get one of the Ducati naked bikes... But thats me, and I am not downing(dissing) it in any way.
I totally agree.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:18 PM
passae
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

V Rod...great bike. I don't have one...but they are real nice. If you haven't ever rode one....go do it. You will walk away saying " I didn't know Harley had a bike like that!"

I have had 3 different HD, and I currently have a Road King....the VRod is smooth, fast and a blast to ride. It is a great bike to have if you have a big V twin and looking for a little fun on the side. Great ride.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
RANVIS
Cruiser

I have rode a road king and own an ultra. What is the difference of the V Rod? Is it more like a crotch rocket style bike with manueverability? I think they look cool.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:04 PM
randayn
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been lucky and blessed to have owned over 30 Harley Davidsons, almost every model and all genres . I also ride many other brands. I bought a V Rod thinking it would be the best of both worlds, a Harley and a Sport bike.

As a Harley it was cool as hell and very different from any other. As a Sport bike it let me down. After riding Honda's VFR and Gsxr's and The Busa ,the V Rod is just mediocre.

The Revo Motor can be the future for HD. Pump it up to 1600 and build a proper frame and it will make a great cruiser or touring platform.

I am a speed freak. That being said I ride Harley to slow down. Do you really buy a Harley to go fast? I topped the Rod at 130mph and it was a bit scary. My Busa would do 130 in 3rd gear and at 160 it was smooth as silk.

The V Rod is a nice bike, and for Harley a Fast Bike but in the real world it does nothing that competes with a Japanese Sport Bike. If all you know is Harley you will never get it, If you think Harley is the end all to be all and want to go faster Buy a Rod or a Sportster.

My objective qualified opinion.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:16 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,089 Likes on 4,750 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebell_eng
When I win the powerball this weekend, a Vrod muscle will be on the to do list.
sorry, but I will have to buy you one after I win the powerball!!!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Big Island Rider
Advanced

I have had a test ride and yeah it is nice. Fits me with forward controls just fine. But around here I would not get it out of second gear since 55 is the highest speed limit. Yeah I go faster but i'm not into paying speeding tickets all the time.

Quick Reply: Be honest, do you down on vrods?