General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lookin for a good indy shop in southern/central NJ or Philly area

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Speed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: lookin for a good indy shop in southern/central NJ or Philly area

thanks guys...
Heritage07, Millville has done work on my Buds Fatboy and he was happy with them also........I may look into them. Thanks

HD7585, my bike came from BARB'S and I was very happy with my purchasing experience but there is one particular person in the service dept that rubs me the wrong way and who I have little faith in.
I really dont appreciate his nonchalant, nothings a big deal, I'm smarter than you attitude. for the amount of coin we drop on these bikes EVERYTHING is a big deal.

freekdawg1200, my bike is injected, if it were carbed I'd be able to take care of my lean condition on my own. I wanted a carbed bike but Barbs didnt have a carbed Deuce on the floor.
thanks for the info though....I'll give the guy a call and see if he can help me!

Bighorse, that Dude will be getting a call also.

thanks guys

Old 12-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

ORIGINAL: Original Junior

Reading this thread is making me homesick. I'm born and raised in Philly but now, unfortunately, reside in Suckgusta, GA. So if you're ever down this way don't bother with Augusta HD. Drive the few extra miles to go to Harley Haven in Irmo, SC. They are top notch!

E-A-G-L-E-S,EAGLES!
GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss hearing that chant huh!

Old 12-22-2006, 09:11 AM
cornholio
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Original Junior

Reading this thread is making me homesick. I'm born and raised in Philly but now, unfortunately, reside in Suckgusta, GA. So if you're ever down this way don't bother with Augusta HD. Drive the few extra miles to go to Harley Haven in Irmo, SC. They are top notch!

E-A-G-L-E-S,EAGLES!
GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 12-22-2006, 11:08 AM
cunfuzed
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can say that mike at trenton world class harley on rt130 did my buddies ultra and made him happy he's going to do mine after the holidays. willie the srevice writer is a top notch kinda guy too!!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Bighorse
Road Captain

Yup...Mike & Fatz at Trenton Harley do decent work. Mike is especially good on the dyno because he takes his time & for his own satisfaction wants to get the best results out of your machine.

960 Us Highway 130
Trenton, NJ 08691
(609) 689-0200
[/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20020/2B3F804B0A474973A0991F61C02E7975.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-22-2006, 04:13 PM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There used to be Simon's Peroformance, but I heard they closed doors and opened back up as a custom bike builder. Andy and his crew did a great job of putting my 95" kit together. Not sure, but if Larry and a few of his crew stayed, then they could be a good recommendation. They are about a mile from Biran's HD. I am from Southern MD, and it was a trip to get there, so I am not 100% sure of the road they are on.

Benji

Old 12-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Darkcloud
Cruiser

There is a race guy that a friend of mine uses. He is near Barb's on the Black Horse Pike........
http://www.cpcyclecenter.com/machine.html

Old 12-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

for anything other than dyno tuning (hes not equipped) i would HIGHLY recommend DP Cycles on Worth St in Northeast Phila.

ive known the owner (Donnie) for some time and hes a straight up/stand up guy. excellent work, low down-time and good rates. hes done ALOT of work for friends of mine (and a bit for me) and everyone is completely satisfied with his service.

as a side-note... a friend had some work done on his Fatboy. after the service, he was en route to meet me at the Jersey Shore. unfortunately, he broke down on the way down (on the Turnpike). One call to DP was all it took. Donnie made a road-service call (which he doesnt do for 'anyone') and had my buddy rolling within an hour.

thats service.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:18 PM
cunfuzed
Cruiser

i was at trenton today for their last chance christmas sale while there i made my appointment with mike for jan.3rd to install racetuner and dynotune will let you know how it works out if you like!!!

Old 12-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Bighorse
Road Captain

Confuzed...Willie is "Good People" as are most of the people that work for Trenton Harley. Speed asked for a Independant or otherwise I would have mentioned Trenton. A rose is a rose thing regarding the cost of having a Dealer work on your bike. Trenton isn't cheap like all Dealers but they stand behind their work. Your gonna luv that Race Tuner!

[IMG]local://upfiles/20020/9DF330A9BBCC4FBA87C2CC96C359F4C8.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: lookin for a good indy shop in southern/central NJ or Philly area