General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell the Truth (put pride aside)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 02:21 AM
kid966
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell the Truth (put pride aside)

Who has dropped there beloved scooter

dont lie and ignore this thread I know half of this place has at least once

Lets hear the story.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:34 AM
Johnny
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Tell the Truth (put pride aside)

here is a link to one of the many threads on this topic.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_47166/mpa...b/tm.htm#47351

I personally have yet to join the Tippy Club....but I have come close.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:57 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My last two bikes have stayed up, so far.

John TN

Old 07-26-2005, 03:15 AM
dozer22
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dropped my 85 Honda Shadow back in 88, but have been fortunate enough to keep my last 4 bikes( 3 harleys) upright............knock, knock!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/2716/4C383E6762FB414AABBFDE87F892B332.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-26-2005, 06:04 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

When I was on my first bike, a Suzuki 1000, I was practicing some slow turns in a parking lot and on one of the turns, it went down. I learned my lesson about taking slow turns.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:04 AM
yodal
Cruiser

Not me but a guy I work with has twice. Both happened the same way, he backed his truck up to his driveway and put some kind of ramp down from the tailgate to the ground. He then rode up but paniced at some point up the ramp, put his feet down but his feet were about 3 feet to short to reach and went all the way down. One bike is a 98 road king and the other is a newer Buell. He hurt someting on his body once and was fine on the other.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

I dropped every bike I have ever owned at least once - Is that truthful enough?????

Old 07-26-2005, 12:52 PM
jlacasci
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dropped a Yamaha Virago going very slow... Just pulling onto my dead end street back in 98. I knew the sand was there, and I knew I was past it when I gave her a little gas. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't past it, I had just gone to fill the tank up and was wearing sweat pants and top siders. All I got was a skinned knee and 275.00 in chrome damage. Ever since, I always wear boots, pants and engine guards on the bike

However, I've seen my friend go down on wet leaves on a Honda 360, drive his Suzuki crotch rocket up a highway embankment and just fall over on the grass, and finally saw him sail over the handlebars when he was cut off and hit the right rear bumper of a car. He never got hurt fortunately, all happended when we were both very young. He's not currently riding...

Joe

Old 07-26-2005, 01:32 PM
fxdxsteve
Banned

first whats you're story
on may 15 a week after my birthday and two weeks after bumping up my motor to 95 inches I had the chance to crash test a set of hiway bars I just made out of half inch stainless bar stock I was up on a curvy road by my house that I ride on all the time it was the first time on redwood road with 95 inches came out of a turn hit the gas and found out how much more acceleration I had I ran out of road before I could slow down enough for the next turn 5 more feet of road and I would have been ok hit some gravel front locked up down I went .broke the clutch lever bracket scratched the tach a little scratched up derby cover real bad bent the handle bars bad I jumped up and picked up the bike before any one could see me down then I checked my self every finger tip torn up bad road rash on left knee right fore arm bruised right shin from the air cleaner $ 150 total damage turned the key off then back on started right up rode it home .before I fixed my self up I went down to the dealer and got all the parts to fix my baby gave me an excuse to go from 12 to 16 inch apes and run the wires inside the bars I must have been a sight all tore up at the dealership

Old 07-26-2005, 02:05 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I dropped my Honda Shadow at a gas station. The kick stand didn’t go all the way down and I couldn’t keep it from falling. I had the gas cap off so gas went spilling everywhere. It was SOOOO embarrassing.

Quick Reply: Tell the Truth (put pride aside)