General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

superstitous green paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:30 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by denimbob08
the ford color is lighter and doesnt have as much gold flop but your pics are lighter than the cars ive seen and dont see any gold flop in yours. i seen the mustang up close and it does flop from light to dark with a little gold. it is a tri coat
my pictures dont do paint justice , theres so much metalic in it . it changes color like crazy from a mint green to a lime green to a yellow green

Old 04-07-2012, 07:35 PM
denimbob08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry a little slow on compliments i do like the way your wifes looks. not trying to pick it apart just saying what i seen. like yours better than the cars ive seen. looks closer the the HD paint code. FYI i had to call michigan to get the formula nobody had it in their database. we use basf waterborne

Old 04-07-2012, 07:38 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

I have actually posted this "green bike" response in the past, but here goes again. Now my info comes for the most reliable source.... a psychic!!!

First, the green bike myth is two parts. The first part was discussed already in that back in WWII soldiers were getting killed on motorcycles and since all Army motorcycles in the service were green, take from it what you will that green is an unlucky color. The second part is that green bikes are only unlucky to second or subsequent owners. The myth is told that if you buy a brand new motorcycle that is green from the factory, or paint a bike green yourself, it is actually considered a lucky color. More lucky than other colors. But if you buy a used green bike it is considered unlucky. So take that as you will, its all I got.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:39 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

Originally Posted by denimbob08
sorry a little slow on compliments i do like the way your wifes looks. not trying to pick it apart just saying what i seen. like yours better than the cars ive seen. looks closer the the HD paint code. FYI i had to call michigan to get the formula nobody had it in their database. we use basf waterborne
i did not take offense , i use dupont paint and clear . i realy can not get a good picture with my phone

Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 PM
denimbob08
Cruiser

i have been trying to add the pics of the mustang since my last post but photo bucket shows an error every Fin time i try to down load it. even shrunk the size down. pi$$in me off. if i figure it out or anyone knows an easier we please tell me i will show the stang

Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 PM
art0565
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrants82
Go to that page and click on the accessory link, the fit and finish of their seats is a total joke.
I don't know what your issue is with sick saddles but i have one and it's great.

Attached Thumbnails superstitous green paint-picture-023.jpg  
Old 04-07-2012, 08:16 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-07-2012, 08:19 PM
art0565
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Jwguns has the coolest green Street Bob, Guns if you're reading this post some pics.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:19 PM
denimbob08
Cruiser

excellent thank you sonnydaze but just like you said the pic here does not do the color justice. this is the pic i had to go on before i seen the car. what do you think based on what you have seen? is the synergy color a tri coat

Old 04-07-2012, 08:20 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

Originally Posted by art0565
I don't know what your issue is with sick saddles but i have one and it's great.
i have a mustang tripper , lepara silloet , hd badlander , and two sick saddles . i like the sick saddles best , the lepara hurts my but with in 15 minutes

Quick Reply: superstitous green paint