General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Renting in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Tconnors810
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Renting in Vegas

I'm going to Vegas at the end of the month and would like to rent a bike for a day or two. Can anyone help with the do's and don't. I'm not a HOG member, I do have a Harley credit card if that make a difference.

Thanks

Old 04-10-2012, 08:09 PM
mikebell_eng
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rented one in Phoenix a couple years ago. I was apprehensive but after enjoying the mountain twisties, I am glad I did it. They put a $2000 hold on my credit card for incidentals, which I didn't like but they didn't notice I scraped the floor boards quite a bit. It was a fat boy lo, mine is a regular fat boy so I wasn't used to the lowered chasis. I am a HOG member but they said it didn't matter or get me a discount.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,505 Likes on 3,334 Posts

I used Eagle Riders in Vegas... great place....good prices...

Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 PM
103megawatt
Cruiser

Last month I rented from LVHD on Eastern ave. They have the largest rental fleet in the US, every model is available for you to choose from. It was about $175 for the bike for 24 hrs, insurance was another $20 for the bike. You can switch out to any bike as often as you want, you are not stuck with the bike you start off with. I actually used the 24 hr rental to compare three different bikes to decide which one to purchase. Swapping out a bike takes two minutes, it was a no hassle deal.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 PM
anonymous_1
Tourer

We rented a Road Glide Ultra while we were in Florida. I've been looking at getting the bike so I figured that would be the one to rent. We rented from a local Harley dealer, found an ad in a travel brochure and got a free t shirt. The price was decent, around $200, or less I think, not sure. The did do the hold on my card while it was out. The bike was a bit beat up since it was a rental, and I wasn't easy on it either. Make sure you point out any problems you see with the bike, otherwise you'll pay for them when they notice it when you get back. I had a few things happen to this bike while I was out, nothing too major, one a radio issue, I complained and they worked with me on return time and stuff. I ride a bored out Road King, so the choked down 103 did nothing for me. It was great to see new country on a bike that I had been looking at. They also threw in helmets, since Florida is sort of a helmet law state, and a rain suit. Over all I was pretty happy about the experience. I say do the research and go for it.

Last edited by anonymous_1; 04-10-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 AM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I also had an excellent experience renting from Eagle Rider Las Vegas. I had much more fun outside of Vegas on the bike than I ever did on the strip. Don't be afraid to tell them you don't like their first price and want a better one, particularly if you're going at an off-peak time. I did and I liked my second price a lot better.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:06 AM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 103megawatt
Last month I rented from LVHD on Eastern ave. They have the largest rental fleet in the US, every model is available for you to choose from. It was about $175 for the bike for 24 hrs, insurance was another $20 for the bike. You can switch out to any bike as often as you want, you are not stuck with the bike you start off with. I actually used the 24 hr rental to compare three different bikes to decide which one to purchase. Swapping out a bike takes two minutes, it was a no hassle deal.

another vote for lvhd, they were good to deal with and alot of bikes to choose from.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:22 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,505 Likes on 3,334 Posts

HD is good.. Eagle rider also gave me a 20% discount. If you plan on switching bike then HD is better... I knew what i wanted...no need to test ride here... My Dealer lets me test ride any bike i want if i want.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 AM
MarkM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We rented from Eagle Rider in Vegas back in September. They did a good job. I would recommend trying to do it during the week though. We picked ours up on a Tuesday early and there was little hassle at all. When we returned them on Friday morning, there were like 60 people waiting to pick up bikes for the weekend. We were able to drop them off with no problem, but I have no idea how long some of those people waited to pick up their bikes. And they gave us a free lift to and from the hotel. We are going back this September and will definitely rent from Eagle Rider again. And I think their prices were quite a bit lower than Harley.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:30 AM
bkelly1956
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RLE
another vote for lvhd, they were good to deal with and alot of bikes to choose from.
yet another for LVHD. agree with all the other comments regarding them. regarding HOG, rentals are the only reason I've found the membership useful. when renting in Vegas last year regular rate was $155 per day, HOG rate was $125.

Quick Reply: Renting in Vegas