General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbour Freight Lift table

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 06:03 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never bashed on HF lifts, said they were good for the money and there was a difference in quality. You have Snap-on and Craftsman confused maybe Taiwanese or Chinese made Blue-point with Craftsman. I definitely don't see the need for a $7000 Snap-on that they don't even make any more at home. I like my Ranger and can tell you there most definitely is a difference in quality between a $300 lift and a $1200. And yes the back of my lift drops out. I wouldn't call Ranger a name brand lift and yes they are also made in China now. i've plenty of racecars, and bikes with craftsman tools because thats what I had access to. You must owe Snap-on $$$ getting all lathered up like that….just chill.

Last edited by jamminjimmi; 05-12-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Totally Bored
Road Captain

Great lift for $300.

If I had the room in my garage I would have one for sure

Old 05-12-2012, 06:55 PM
harleyphoenix
Road Captain

You get what you pay for. Harbor Freight's very flimsy. Search your area for commercial lift tables. Ask dealers and indie shops what they use. Be careful, ever seen a tipped-over table w/bike on it? Very ugly and dangerous.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:56 PM
IMG2
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are picking it up at the store, call first and make sure they have one in stock. I've been trying to get one here in the Sacramento area for over 4 months. In that time they have never been off back order or available in any of the 3 local stores. Buying it on line it costs $86 for freight so I'd rather pick it up then have it shipped. On line there were in stock once during that 4 month period. Maybe they are in stock in your part of the country. If you get one let us know if it's an OK piece of equipment or a piece of sh-t.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:20 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,974 Likes on 17,496 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyphoenix
You get what you pay for. Harbor Freight's very flimsy. Search your area for commercial lift tables. Ask dealers and indie shops what they use. Be careful, ever seen a tipped-over table w/bike on it? Very ugly and dangerous.
In 35 yrs of doing bikes I have seen 3 of the big gray Handy lifts in shops go over with bikes on them for no reason we could even find on any of them , think it's a crap shoot honestly .

Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 PM
jim chatfield
Stage II

I went to HF today for some things. I looked at the lift table. I wonder if it is suited to a dresser. It is heavy. I know. I had to pick it up. Twice! :-(

Old 05-12-2012, 07:33 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My hf table is not flimsy very nice for the money you have to use thesupport bar that makes it sturdy

Old 05-12-2012, 09:43 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer

mine aint falling off, I feel comfortable leaving my bike all the way up for extended periods of time. It is much latger than the HF and its at least 800#with a 1500# capacity

Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer

The shipping sux, cause its $300 freight from JP or a local distributor

Old 05-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, did not mean to start a war...I know the hf lift thing has been beat to death on here and the general concenous is that it is fine for a guy like me that is just tired of getting down in the floor to work on bikes. I was getting ready to go get one this morning and I checked craiglist one last time and low and behold if there was not a air operated Handy with the side tables and an upgraded wheel vise for 400 bucks. Called the guy and 15 minutes later it was in the back of my truck. Nevermind about the coupons guys. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Harbour Freight Lift table