Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Do not make my mistake with Frankenstien Trikes (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/771850-do-not-make-my-mistake-with-frankenstien-trikes.html)

Terminater 05-29-2012 10:16 AM

Do not make my mistake with Frankenstien Trikes

Notice to all. Please think twice before dealing with Frank, and Todd at Frankenstien trikes. Just dealing with them in the purchase, shipment, and refund was enough for me as well as costing me $71.00 in credit card fees.
If you find joy in get charged $5,000, and then lied to 5 times while getting treat like they are doing you a favor buy up.
To the common person that enjoy stress free service look elsewhere. Look around there are other trike kits
Frankenstien trike is a BBB fraud.

ChopperBill 05-29-2012 10:21 AM

I got a friend that has installed them in his shop. Great looking kits. And about the cheapest way to build a trike.
Just joined up and the first post is this? Kinda wonder why. Just saying.

AnotherBlackSG 05-29-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Terminater (Post 9863612)
Frankenstien trike is a BBB fraud.

I don't think that's possible.

Yeah, nice first post, Captain Obvious...

HD Jim 05-29-2012 10:38 AM

Something smells very fishy here! Whole story from both sides not being told... Frankenstein Trikes have a very good reputation ... more details needed ...

Terminater 05-29-2012 02:31 PM

If you have not ordered or have a frankenstien trike how can a person make a Honest comment to down my warning?
I ordered, and paid for one which ended in lies.
Do not believe my post call Frank, and ask him what happened. Janesville WI will jog his brain.

AnotherBlackSG 05-29-2012 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Terminater (Post 9864602)
If you have not ordered or have a frankenstien trike how can a person make a Honest comment to down my warning?
Do not believe my post call Frank, and ask him what happened. Janesville WI will jog his brain.

Look, sometimes, for whatever/whoever the reason, things go south. I don't think that anyone doubts that you feel you had a problem with the company. No offense, but the thing is, it makes you look like kind of a dick to sign up on a forum for the sole purpose of trashing a company that others here have had zero problems with.

It might have been smarter to sign up, get a feel for the place & the mood of the people and then adjust your approach accordingly. Just sayin'...

monkeyboy22 05-29-2012 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG (Post 9864682)
It might have been smarter to sign up, get a feel for the place & the mood of the people and then adjust your approach accordingly. Just sayin'...

Or at least ask if anyone else has had problems with them and then go from there.

Neckball 05-29-2012 03:32 PM

Seems the majority of posts like this are the first post ( and sometimes only ) from a new member. What ever happened to introducing yourself first?

Sauceman 05-29-2012 04:01 PM

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/0...20feedback.jpg

Terminater 05-31-2012 10:44 AM

Well if I had found this advice before ordering I would have had second thoughts before spending $5,000, and fighting for its return while losing $71.00 because of lies from Frank.
** So buyer be aware of Frankenstien trikes**

MXerwithaBob 05-31-2012 11:04 AM

could you be any more vague, if you want us to symathize, then you're going to have to tell the whole story.

PassRusher75 05-31-2012 11:50 AM

I would like to hear how frank cost you $71 in fees...

Iron Butt Springer 05-31-2012 11:50 AM

I think some people you can never please and when your dealing with custom made parts forget it... IMO you might be better off buying a Geezer Trike from Harley

italianrick 05-31-2012 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Terminater (Post 9873662)
Well if I had found this advice before ordering I would have had second thoughts before spending $5,000, and fighting for its return while losing $71.00 because of lies from Frank.

What lies? Can we have more info. If your going make a complaint back it up with some ( facts)

jwhardin 05-31-2012 02:16 PM

Never heard anything bad about them. Makes me wonder about this guy.

No specifics just bitchin'.

No credibility without details!

Could be a competitor trying to hurt their business.

PFWiz 05-31-2012 02:30 PM

How come the OP never tells us why the kit had to be sent back?
Was there something wrong with it?
Or did order the wrong kit / have second thoughts. In which case it would be totally appropriate for them to charge him some type of fee...

Somehow I don't think we have even heard half the story here...

Old Sorrel 05-31-2012 02:58 PM

That's why the difference is always in the details. Because no one gives details. A vague generalization is all people have to convey these days.

danmo 05-31-2012 03:04 PM

If I was looking to buy a trike kit, I'd still buy this brand. This post is too vague with no information about how or why they are bad to deal with.

Terminater 06-01-2012 10:47 AM

My warning was not for the people not interested in buying a trike, or the people that have never had dealings with Frank.
Please boys buy up. I want you to enjoy my kind of troubles as well. :icon_fryingpan::icon_fryingpan::icon_fryingpan:

MXerwithaBob 06-01-2012 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Terminater (Post 9878703)
My warning was not for the people not interested in buying a trike, or the people that have never had dealings with Frank.

....huh

Motorbones 06-01-2012 01:16 PM

Please boys buy up. I want you to enjoy my kind of troubles as well. :icon_fryingpan::icon_fryingpan::icon_fryingpan:

Welcome to the Harley Forum!!! Folks just want to know why you sent it back. At this point some of us are not having too difficult time figuring out why you had such a problem with them. Their system looks pretty decent and a lot better than some of the strap ons that still utilize the original rear wheel.....

italianrick 06-01-2012 02:53 PM

Boy is this person getting dfensive or what but still no details. He has no credibilty in my view

TXSwede 06-01-2012 03:05 PM

Did this guy 'Frank' bone yer old lady or something? And by the way its Frankenstein not Frankenstien. Who are you, Gene Wilder?

PFWiz 06-01-2012 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by TXSwede (Post 9879792)
Did this guy 'Frank' bone yer old lady or something? And by the way its Frankenstein not Frankenstien. Who are you, Gene Wilder?

You are a funny guy! :icon_lolsign:

panz4ever 06-01-2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Terminater (Post 9864602)

Why is that our job? You are the one making the statement and accusation with the post

Originally Posted by Terminater (Post 9873662)

So by this you mean the 5K for the set up and the additional 71 bucks on your card?

Problem is that you never say what happened, how you tried to resolve it and what transpired after that. You only state that you spent money, got it back because you were not satisified and got charged 71 extra.

So whatever it is you got your money back and learned that you did not like thiese guys and the education cost you 71 bucks.

525tom 06-01-2012 04:36 PM

My father is looking into this kit for his springer. Your post has stated nothing about why you were not pleased with the transaction.

I spoke with a guy last week that had the Frankenstein kit on his bike and he had nothing but positive things to say. It looked like a quality kit and he said the bike was balanced well even with the more narrow wheel base option.

If you have something relevant to say, then say it and back it up with an explanation of the situation.

Midgard 06-01-2012 04:55 PM

Funniest part of this is, the op is pissed at them, but with his "limited info post" he is actually going to drive more traffic to their website/business out of pure curiosity lol. (I'm guessing Frank says - thnx for the free advertisement Terminater lol)

dgdamore 06-01-2012 05:50 PM

I've used public forums like this one in the past to help resolve a potentially bad situation. Usually by asking questions, sharing my bad experience with a particular vendor and asking for advise how to best find an amicable outcome. Usually at some point, the vendor in question finds out about the discussion and chimes in. Often times, the've been eager to save face and just make the problem go away by making the problem right at whatever cost.

The way NOT to do it is to show up and start blasting the company and expect every one to have your back and be like "Yeah screw that company!" You gotta build support for you agenda, not demand it. If I was the vendor, I'd be like "screw this guy what a dick!" Diplomacy almost always works much better for getting the outcome you want.

vaham 06-01-2012 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by TXSwede (Post 9879792)

That's "EYEgor"!

BigTM 06-01-2012 08:27 PM

Only out $$71. Sounds like they took care of business to me. Gotta go check the trike website now
T

DanDolfn 06-01-2012 09:01 PM

If you have not ordered or have a frankenstien trike how can a person make a Honest comment to down my warning? I ordered, and paid for one which ended in lies.

Sounds like bullshit to me.

When I have a beef, I can describe what I did, what they did, and make my case for why I'm ticked off.

Absent any of that, it sounds more likely that the person who is impossible to get along with is the OP, not the vendor.

Frostbite 06-01-2012 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by DanDolfn (Post 9881318)

Absent any of that, it sounds more likely that the person who is impossible to get along with is the OP, not the vendor.

Well, if the OP communicated with the vendor as well as he did with us, I can see where there would be problems.

Terminater 06-02-2012 12:01 AM

:icon_fryingpan:Buy up boys learn for yourself. :icon_fryingpan:

When you get screwwed remember this thread, and come back to thank me for the warning you did not take.:icon_fryingpan:

dgdamore 06-02-2012 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Terminater (Post 9881932)
:icon_fryingpan:Buy up boys learn for yourself. :icon_fryingpan:

When you get screwwed remember this thread, and come back to thank me for the warning you did not take.:icon_fryingpan:

Are you going to tell us what the F happened or just keep whining?

Midgard 06-02-2012 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by dgdamore (Post 9881971)
Are you going to tell us what the F happened or just keep whining?

No shit.
I call troll and if I were in the US I would call Frank at Frankenstien and let him know about this slander and give him the chance to explain what happened (or didn't)

Nubz 06-02-2012 01:36 AM

Either tell us what happened or shut the **** up wow

Stiggy 06-02-2012 01:57 AM

Enough whining without the details makes me wonder who the azzhat was here in this transaction.

Go away.

Road Toad 06-02-2012 07:24 AM

Well, in my opinion after 4 pages and still not a single word on what happened I have to believe this is just another troll job. YAWNNNNNNN

@OICU812 06-17-2012 07:49 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I bought my kit over a year ago and had no problems with them. And they had no problems answering any of my questions.

Nubz 06-17-2012 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by @OICU812 (Post 9953079)
I bought my kit over a year ago and had no problems with them. And they had no problems answering any of my questions.

Looks nice