General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great guys from the US Military Vets MC

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 12:09 AM
bosnmate
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great guys from the US Military Vets MC

I rode in a PGR ride this past weekend and I had an opportunity to meet a few guys from US Military Vets MC and I found them to be great bunch of friendly guys. They talked freely with me and answered many questions. I have never thought of attempting to see ifa motorcycle club would accept me as a member until this past weekend but these guys really impressed me.

What are your thoughts on motorcycle clubs?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Great guys from the US Military Vets MC

Yep, Great bunch of guys. I met with our local US Military Vets awhile back. I just don't think I'm ready to prospect/probate for a club right now. I'm kind of a loner, don't need to be told where to ride and with whom to ride with. Other than that I would join. Like one of the officers said, " if your heart's not in it, it's not for you." Maybe sometime in the future, but not right now.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:30 AM
bosnmate
Banned

I am really thinking of attending one of their meetings and see if it might be a good fit. I guess my main concern is what they think or expect my priorities should be. Family and Work come before all else and that I will never change. I walked out on a six figure job once because it was expected that I put the job above my family and their needs, nope I don't play that. You have nothing, if you don't have family.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Gadget
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Asking folks here is not the right thing to do. Ask the folks in the club you want to join. They will give you straight answers. IF they decide to let you prospect/probate, that time will allow you AND them to decide if you and the club fit well together.

It's likely they will let you hang around them for a while before asking you to join...nothing wrong with that. And nothing wrong with you deciding to prospect with them if they ask you. And nothing wrong with you deciding not to join if you feel the club isn't right for you. And nothing wrong if they decide you aren't right for the club.

USMV MC is not a 1 percent club, nor is it a territorial club so don't let the MC hype get in the way of you checking out becoming a member. Being a part of an MC is not always a bad thing, in fact, it can be a really good thing. Just pay attention to the rules you are going to have to follow and you'll have a good time...

Old 01-08-2007, 12:41 PM
bosnmate
Banned

Oh, I think you might of misunderstood me, I am not asking what people think of USMV MC, I will make up my own opinion of them myself, I was asking what people here thought of Motorcycle Clubs in general.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:11 AM
CIB1Infantry
Cruiser

Mc's can be a great thing you just have to find the one that fits you and you fit.
Just remember it's a brotherhood.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:36 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Each Chapter has it's own character. If you think it's something for you, look them up, send them a email, give them a call ... just do something. Only YOU can make that decision. If you base your actions on other peoples opinions, you'll live a very confused life.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:26 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cool Breeze
Yep, Great bunch of guys. I met with our local US Military Vets awhile back. I just don't think I'm ready to prospect/probate for a club right now. I'm kind of a loner, don't need to be told where to ride and with whom to ride with. Other than that I would join. Like one of the officers said, " if your heart's not in it, it's not for you." Maybe sometime in the future, but not right now.
Personally, I was kind of interested in the CVMA (not a MC, I know) after going on a ride they sponsor and talking to some members, but they seem to be pretty hard to locate or contact around here.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:38 AM
knepp1bj
Road Captain

bonsate, i guess u need to clarfiy when u ask about MCs in general cause there are MC like HOG or there are 1%...i am pretty sure ur just talking about MC groups more like HOG....like some other people are saying ask some members what goes on and everything they will tell u then make up your mind

Old 12-03-2010, 06:42 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by knepp1bj
bonsate, i guess u need to clarfiy when u ask about MCs in general cause there are MC like HOG or there are 1%...i am pretty sure ur just talking about MC groups more like HOG....like some other people are saying ask some members what goes on and everything they will tell u then make up your mind
HOG is an RC.

Quick Reply: Great guys from the US Military Vets MC