General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lookin for raingear

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:00 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: lookin for raingear

I use First Gear that is sized to go over my riding leathers.

The pants have a fabric panel on the inside of the legs so you don't laminate your exhaust pipes.

Works for me.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:17 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the HD Gore-tex stuff and it works great. I've been using Gore-Tex for years and it's great stuff.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:25 PM
navyman
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the HD Overpass pants and coat. They have kept me dry in all day wet rides with no problem. Price is not bad.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:13 AM
jimbo21165
Banned

The Gore-Tex is good stuff, but Frogg Toggs is the lighest, least restrictive, to me. Just be careful next to the pipes with ya right leg, and they'll last.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:55 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Bryan TTM,

I use this HD Rain suit.

Packable Rain Jacket & Pant

The sky shouldn't be the one to tell you when your ride's over. Precurved sleeves, elastic cuffs, and adjustable waist. Waterproof nylon is fully lined and seam sealed. Zipper and Velcro®-like hook & loop touch fastener. Inside pocket and removable helmet-friendly hood. Stirrups and articulated knees. Heat-resistant shield on the pant legs. Reflective material and single-hand draw cord at waist. Lightweight and packable.

97028-00V:Mens

97028-05VW:Womens

MSRPUS $129.00 - US $149.00 per size and/or color
WhatI like most about this suit is the wide reflective stripe on the jacket back. Adds more visibility in bad weather. I did buy suspenders since they don't come with this suit.
And the other geat thing is 3/4 length zippers in the legs, with velcro flapped closures, makes then quik and easy to put on when stopped under an overpass.
Some bro's use the cheaper suits, and have had problems with water getting in. The HD suits are designed for riding, and the ergonomics of riding.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:58 AM
scarnay
Road Master

I have heard numerous people say they use Frogg Toggs as rain gear overtop of regular riding gear and they seem to like it a lot. I just got the 2007 Bass Pro catalog and see that Frogg Toggs is now making a motorcycle/atv suit for riders. It's called the Frogg Toggs Road Toad (pretty catchy). It comes in black and has a zip off hood and reflective piping. Cost 50 bucks a set.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:24 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: jimbo21165

The Gore-Tex is good stuff, but Frogg Toggs is the lighest, least restrictive, to me. Just be careful next to the pipes with ya right leg, and they'll last.
Few guys I ride with carry the Frogg Toggs while on runs 'just in case'..

They put a layer or two of regular duct tape on the lower leg where it might come in contact with a hot exhaust, and that seems to work very well.

Might not look that great but after all, who is going to care about how you lookwhen you are out there soakedfrom a rain storm.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:31 AM
mdewberry
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

FrogToggs are the way to go. No vinyl to get Nasty, while stored. Check around some bike shops for prices. Believe it or not the BMW bike shop had the cheapest price on the froggys and the honda shop was the most. I guess they think if your going to ride a Goldwing in the rain, you can afford them. LOL

Old 01-10-2007, 09:11 AM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got some Frogg Toggs and they're great, if you were just standing around in the rain. Easy to burn a hole in the leg. every time I wore them I got wet, not as wet as I wouldhave without them but I got wet. Water would run in under my chin and 2 or 3 inch streak would be wet right down my chest to my drawers. Then it would blow up under my britches legs and get the top of my socks wet and it'd wick down into my boots. I junked the damned things.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:59 PM
LAWMAN
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with pretty much everyone that Frog Toggs are the way to go. I bought them on-line back in Feb. for $46 and that included free shipping and a carry bag. They work great. I wore them in a downpour and rode about 15 miles the only wet area I had was just above my boot and just below the cuffs of the pants. When I received the set I took the pants and flipped them inside out and took duct-tape and taped it over the seam in the crotch. I used the FT about 3 or 4 times last year. For the money you can;t beat'em.

ORIGINAL: scarnay

I have heard numerous people say they use Frogg Toggs as rain gear overtop of regular riding gear and they seem to like it a lot. I just got the 2007 Bass Pro catalog and see that Frogg Toggs is now making a motorcycle/atv suit for riders. It's called the Frogg Toggs Road Toad (pretty catchy). It comes in black and has a zip off hood and reflective piping. Cost 50 bucks a set.

Quick Reply: lookin for raingear