General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal Goddess; CVO Breakout!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts

I was at Wolverine HD in Clinton Twp, MI last weekend and they had a gold one. Nice bike. The color isn't my favorite.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:08 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not feeling the bike.
Looks like the guy who designed the Rocker went dumpster diving in the old parts bin again and just made another model.. Nice paint, but not original enough to be a new model IMO.

Last edited by George C; 12-13-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Bull_Duck
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned my 2000 SE Deuce for 13 years (bought new soon after release). I've never seen a soft ail fender look better than the Deuce's straight cut fender. The only other fender I like as much is the lighted tail dragger on my Road Glide which I got from the Street Glide parts bin.

HD is promoting the Breakout as the reincarnation of the Deuce. A lot of Deuce love out there which HD is attempting to capitalize on. Breakout has its own like and charm - but it does not look like my Deuce.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are okay but there are more interesting soft tail bikes

Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lschantz1
Beautiful bike, seriously. In all seriousness though, if you ever, and I mean ever want to get rid of it, I will buy it from you when that time comes. Tried convincing the wife to get me one this year and her response was "maybe someone will be selling one, one day" to which I laughed.

Anyway, enjoy the bike and if you ever want to get rid of it.....give me a shout!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:03 PM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

Absolutely love that bike. In black and silver it's stunning. Love the wheels.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:37 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Some things I like, some I don't. Some have commented that this is the best looking softail. IMO, they stopped making the best looking softail in 2010.....the softail custom.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

To each his own I guess...Not for me though. To be fair, I have never seen on in person...For the most part, I was pretty unimpressed with the CVOs this year. The RKs paint jobs were Fing terrible. Except the black blue and silver anniversary one. I would own that

Old 02-19-2013, 01:51 PM
bkelly1956
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Breakout

Originally Posted by SmokeEm
I was really hoping to have the opportunity to buy a Crimson Red Sunglo / Scarlet Lace or Black Diamond / Molten Silver CVO Breakout but I guess I waited too long to put a deposit on one because there are exactly ZERO available, from what I've been told, the entire production run of the CVO Breakout is sold out. There are more than 10 Harley dealers within 2 hrs. of my house and the day the motor company put the 2013's on sale every dealer around here had deposits for more Breakouts than they'll ever be able to get. Hell at this point I'd even take the Hard Candy Gold Dust / Liquid Sun colored one, good looking, just not a fan of the black frame but hey, that's what powder coaters are for. I've noticed a lot of people here bash the CVO bikes over the price etc. and the people who buy them but you can't duplicate that level of customization for the $ and when you go to sell or trade it in, it's a CVO, not a standard bike you customized and therefore it holds its value very well. When you build a bike, you build it for yourself, because you can never get out anything even remotely close to what you put into it so after losing your *** on one, it only takes one time to quickly realize the value of the CVO's. Do I think they're worth what they charge for them, Hell to the no!, but they're sure going to be worth a hell of a lot more when you want to trade it in or sell it down the road. To all of the folks who are lucky enough to get one, congratulations and I hope you really enjoy your new ride for many years to come. No matter what color you get, it is definatly one sweet looking bike.
Just took delivery of mine last Friday (Black/Silver). Here is what I learned.
Vistied or contacted 5 dealerships Treasure Coast, Daytona, New Smyrna, Seminole, Orlando, all of whom wanted a deposit to place me on a list and hope for the best. Daytona even estimated it would be August at the soonest...if at all. Then I went to Space Coast. Kudos to these guys. They actually seek the bike out at other dealers and do an inventory swap. I gave them a deposit and 9 days later they called to report one had been found and would be shipped to them. Two weeks after that, I had it. For purposes of full disclosure, I paid $2K over MSRP, but for me, it was well worth it to be sure of getting one and getting it remarkably fast. FYI, they told me that the red version is by far the most difficult to get...said fewer have been made and production is slower because of the diffifulty in doing that lace paint scheme.