General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$40K Street Glide, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 11:41 AM
subguy
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamminjimmi
Here's another one, just not stretched, raked, and grafittied. And I'll put it up against ANY other bike in the same price range. And I ride the sh*t out of it, it just happens to look good too.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/3611275705.html
I am not into baggers, but I do like yours! I was trying to figure on the other two where $60K went into them?

Old 02-12-2013, 11:44 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,222 Likes on 4,772 Posts

I couldn't ride the one with all the Skull's, too scary for me. I'd be skeered all the time lookin at all them Skulls.

If I had more $$$ than I knew what to do with I'd buy buy the blue one and donate it to a GW club so they could use for a bike bash to raise food money with.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Xube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GW club?

Old 02-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by R0UNDAB0UT
I don't get it..... $40,000

Craigslist Ad:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcd/3555679012.html

2012 Harley-Davidson Street Glide FLHX White with custom skull and Grim Reaper graphics! This Street Glide is kitted out to the max. There is over 60k into this bike. Take advantage and have a one of a kind Street Glide!

I can pay off the balance on my Mortgage for less than the cost of that bike.....

Old 02-12-2013, 01:35 PM
okiesteve
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kennygsuperglide
I think I'll buy them both. My cheap a$$ Superglide just doesn't say, I'm a d!ck with too much money. But, if I rode one of these to local bike night, then everyone would see how much of a d!ck I realy am, I just wouldn't have any more money. Hummmm, I better think this through.

I didn't know there was such a thing as too much money. And I also didn't know that if you worked hard, invested wisely and have some cash that it made you a dick!!! I guess if your the jealous type and all you had to ride to your local bike night was a superglide, maybe.

Jamminjimmy, your bike is awsome!!!

Old 02-12-2013, 02:02 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,222 Likes on 4,772 Posts

Originally Posted by Xube
GW club?

gold wing......ouch!! it hurts to even type that.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

As an professional appraiser I know that asking prices do not equal value. People can as whatever they want. It's the sale price of similar bikes that I would be interested in.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer

Originally Posted by OLDDEADEYE
What are you upset about? Your bike is really cool, I've seen better skull graphics than the white bike, and the blue one with the weird looking tribal or what ever that is are just misses. But seriously if I wanted a custom I'd like to think I'd have enough imagination to do my own thing. Then it would be my thing and not buying someone elses vision.

And if people didn't like it screw em'.
I'm not mad at all Old Top! And thanks Steve and Sub. After you've torn your bike down to nothing more than a few times you tend to notice the details of the build. I think for the right person the two bikes shown are a good deal. I would have NEVER of thought that I would do the things that I've done to mine or spend the money that I've spent. How much is a new Streetglide anyway, or a CVO? I bought all the parts at the best prices I could find and did all my own labor except for some powder coating and some paint, and I still think I've got $25,000 extra into it. BUT if you can't work on your own **** then you're going to get it broke off in you! The prices I hear dealers charging for basic repairs or maintenance is crazy! For those who aren't mechanically inclined a bike like the OP posted is ideal.. just my .02

Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 PM
monumaker
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So someone tell the difference spending 40k on one of the OP bikes vs a new CVO? It's all about your individual prerogative. I personally would much rather have a one off custom than a factory built CVO. I'm sure most of you haters here have a boners over CVO bikes.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally I like Jamms bike better than the other two. Like I said I like the style just not the color of the first bikes. Jamms has the style and the color. I have no clue if its worth 39k. I do know **** adds up. But if I were to spend that kind of money, he would get my dough before High desert Harley would

Quick Reply: $40K Street Glide, anyone?