General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you go back to this dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Because he lives in Greensboro. How many times are you going to cut off your nose and drive 60 miles (round trip) out of your way because a Service Manager misunderstood a warranty policy one time?
Where in his post did it say the second dealer was a 60 mile round trip?
How would I know that?

The second dealer saved him hundreds of dollars under warranty.
I think they earned his business.
He asked for opinions and I gave mine.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 AM
ironman2011
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, at least you have a choice and can "shop" your service/repairs. I would be leary of the first dealer, but I would not alienate them. You might need them some day.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:53 AM
acman308
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Go in talk to them in person see how things are if they are cool to you then i say give them another shot.

People who claim to never have made a mistake are fos ........ They acknowledged they were wrong that is more than most will do.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:00 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Here how I see it...Dealer deny Warranty claim "most likely a daily practice" you are one of a few who did not just do the work and went somewhere else and got the warranty work done, then they get caught and say they did not try hard enough....BS they did not care enough about your business to try hard and get you a warranty claim OR THEY NEVER EVEN TRIED see this in snowmobile biz all the time....I would never go back the other dealer deserves your business he earned it.....

do ou really think there going to say "oh ya in the future we will scew you just like this" fuwk no their going to giveyou a cup coffee tell you how good they are and how jimbob screwd up and they put him down to janitor.....then scew you again....oh wait the dealers are there to help everyone...no they are there to make HUGE MONEY....

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 02-16-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 AM
brownfoxx1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stick to the dealership that helped you. if the first dealership hasn't learned the
procedure of warped rotors. ie if its covered under warrenty or not. then they need new management.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 AM
SofaKingTired
Cruiser

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I would say give them a second chance. But I would also go to the shop, ask for Paul, introduce yourself, thank him for the reply and build a relationship... Those guys always help the ones they know...IME

Old 02-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Markk9
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
How would I know that?

For quality work, I would be willing to drive the extra miles......................

Like others have said, it's their job to know what is and what is not warranty work. I was getting ready to buy new rotors and have them installed at an indie, when someone at work, told me to call the 2nd dealership. I was thinking, if they are giving this much trouble with a little warranty problem, what's it going to like over the next 7 years. I was real close to selling the bike at a loss and getting a BMW K1600 tour machine.

I test rode the BMW, Goldwing, and Ultra. Wife and I like the Ultra best, so I bought it.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 AM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My 2 cent, the dealer gets paid to do warranty work by HD, he wants to do that work. My best guess is the service writer got screwed once by doing a rotor job under warranty that was latter denied due to abuse. He should have checked to see if yours were covered or not, his mistake. That being said, if you have been happy in the past go in and thank those who responded to your letters in person and work on building a strong relationship with then.

I know when I have made a mistake and the customer allows me the chance to make it right that it always works to both of our advantage in the future.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,202 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
How would I know that?

In his post he wrote"
I called *** Harley-Davidson in Asheboro" That's about 60 miles round trip from Greensboro if I remember right. nice country too.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:08 AM
KGlideVivid
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I switched from the big dealer here a couple of years ago because of the snotty attitude of some of their employees - just couldn't justify sending any more dollars their way. In your case as opposed to mine, at least they tried to make it right in the end, even if it was too late. I'd give them another shot - sounds like they were pretty sincere. Sounds like someone there was smart enough to figure out that they didn't want to lose a customer for life over something relatively minor.

Quick Reply: Would you go back to this dealership?