General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Willie G & Krusty The Clown...separated at birth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 04:50 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Willie G & Krusty The Clown...separated at birth?

Is it just me, or is the HD logo on more stuff than Krusty puts his logo on, in "The Simpsons"?? (Maybe that's where the writers got the idea originally...my favourite is still "The Krusty Brand Home Pregancy Kit - WARNING: May cause birth defects"...LOL) I just read an article that said 60% of all of HDs revenue comes from merchandising, not the sale of their bikes. I even saw the HD logo on a friggin' toilet seat!!!!! Am I the only one who feels this cheapens the brand name?? Opinions? P.S. Gawd it's a long winter...I'd normally never be thinking of this stuff!!!! Cheers...

Old 02-17-2007, 04:53 PM
reefteach
Tourer
Default RE: Willie G & Krusty The Clown...separated at birth?

Hereare the Krusty products lisked at Wikiedia;
[ul][*]Krusty Brand Seal of Approval (on everything that meets the "high personal standards" of Krusty the Clown); "It's not just good, it's good enough!"[*]Krusty the Clown Show[*]Krusty Handguns[*]Krusty-Brand Home Pregnancy test ("May cause birth defects")[*]Krusty-Brand Cereal (aka "Krusty-O's", which contain "flesh-eating bacteria in every box", and was described by Krusty himself as poison) (Notably, Krusty is seen buying his own cereal in the supermarket, upon which Mr Burns inquires as to the location of the "Burns-O's")[*]Krusty-Brand Bubble Gum (later announced to contain Hantavirus and spider-eggs, also shattered and cut Milhouse's cheek in a "Treehouse of Horror" episode)[*]Krusty-Brand Imitation Gruel (9 out of 10 orphans can't tell the difference)[*]Chocolate Frosted Frosty Flakes ("Only sugar has more sugar!")[*]Krusty-Brand Lo-Cal TV Dinner ("Slender Vittles")[*]Krusty greeting cards ("Hey there, ten-year old! I couldn't get you a guitar for your birthday...so how about a nice set of bongos?", with the picture of a large-breasted woman)[*]Krusty's Famous Sauce[*]Krusty-Brand Low Income Housing[*]Kamp Krusty ("The Krustyest place on earth!")[*]Krusty's Clown College[*]Krusty Land (Home to the "Krustyland House of Knives", which was accused of decapitating multiple tourists, and was described in general as a "deathtrap" but Krusty claims that those people were decapitated before they entered)[*]Euro Krusty Land (Later blew up)[*]Mount Splashmore (Krusty filmed his show there in one episode)[*]Krusty's Non-Narkotik Kough Syrup (secret ingredient of "Flaming Homer/Flaming Moe")[*]Krusty Brain & Health Tonic (causes gigantism to drinkers)[*]Krusty-Brand Vitamins (caused an irregular heartbeat in Bart)[*]Krusty Doll (which has a pull-string, that when pulled says, "I'm anatomically correct. Go ahead, take a look!")[*]Krusty the Klown Alarm Clock (Gets extremely hot when plugged in)[*]Krusty Calculator (Bart's lacked a 7 or an 8 button)[*]Krusty Phone[*]Krusty Wallclock[*]Krusty Lamp[*]Krusty Pencil Tops[*]Krusty Lunchboxes[*]Krusty Giant Toy Drum[*]Krusty's Sulfuric Acid[*]Krusty Trash Basket[*]Krusty T-Shirts[*]Krusty Monopoly (applications for a patent were denied, possibly in reference to the real-life lawsuits over the game)[*]Krusty Posters[*]Krusty Non-Toxic Kologne[*]Krusty's Autobiography (Ghostwritten by John Updike, described by Bart as "self-serving with many glaring omissions")[*]Krusty's Crowd Control Barrier (they read "Krusty Sez 'Get Back'")[*]Krusty Slippers[*]Lady Krusty Mustache Removal (which makes the upper lip of the spokesmodel bleed, was endorsed by Johnny Unitas, possibly in reference to a lawsuit launched against him for another celebrity endorsement he made in the 1970s)[*]Krusty Electric Toothbrush (which has a tendency to short-circuit)[*]Krusty Mini-Basketball Hoops[*]Krusty Knife Doll[*]Krusty Fried Chicken[*]Krusty Eye wash[*]Krusty [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geiger_Counter]Geiger Counter[

Old 02-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If selling the HD labeled crap to people who buy labeled crap will get me a decent Liquid Cooled, Fuel Injected made in America I am all for it. Oh and the styling has to look right...the V rod is a ugly bastard of a bike...

Old 02-17-2007, 06:02 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

But note...no Krusty Brand Toilet Seat!! LOL And I gotta agree...the V-Rod isn't on my list of favourites. I thought it quite interesting when they first came out that the HD engineers talked like they'd INVENTED the liquid cooled bike. My '84 Gold Wing and my 85 V45 Magna are both liquid cooled. Only took HD another 2 decades to make it happen.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kato1964

Is it just me, or is the HD logo on more stuff than Krusty puts his logo on, in "The Simpsons"?? (Maybe that's where the writers got the idea originally...my favourite is still "The Krusty Brand Home Pregancy Kit - WARNING: May cause birth defects"...LOL) I just read an article that said 60% of all of HDs revenue comes from merchandising, not the sale of their bikes. I even saw the HD logo on a friggin' toilet seat!!!!! Am I the only one who feels this cheapens the brand name?? Opinions? P.S. Gawd it's a long winter...I'd normally never be thinking of this stuff!!!! Cheers...
Personally I think that when Harley started selling t-shirts and kept right on going selling other items with their logo on is what saved Harley Davidson from going belly up..I remember when all you could buy at the Harley shop was bikes and the old Harley Davidson caps, nothing else..but that is back in the 50s and 60s

Old 02-17-2007, 08:40 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

Agreed. It just seems to me it has no limits. I mean toilet seats?? Come on...I just think the line should be drawn somewhere. Apparently Willie G. and the other head honchos at HD don't agree. As long as their is an endorsement cheque in it for them, it is fair game. I wonder if they have HD coffins? I know KISS has their own line of coffins...

Old 02-17-2007, 08:55 PM
MAchonewon
Road Master

Careful this can become another RUB thread real easy.

I agree Harleydog pajamas, please..............

Old 02-17-2007, 11:02 PM
waterman7474
Road Master

[quote]ORIGINAL: reefteach

Hereare the Krusty products lisked at Wikiedia; [ul][*]Krusty Brand Seal of Approval (on everything that meets the "high personal standards" of Krusty the Clown); "It's not just good, it's good enough!"[*]Krusty the Clown Show[*]Krusty Handguns[*]Krusty-Brand Home Pregnancy test ("May cause birth defects")[*]Krusty-Brand Cereal (aka "Krusty-O's", which contain "flesh-eating bacteria in every box", and was described by Krusty himself as poison) (Notably, Krusty is seen buying his own cereal in the supermarket, upon which Mr Burns inquires as to the location of the "Burns-O's")[*]Krusty-Brand Bubble Gum (later announced to contain Hantavirus and spider-eggs, also shattered and cut Milhouse's cheek in a "Treehouse of Horror" episode)[*]Krusty-Brand Imitation Gruel (9 out of 10 orphans can't tell the difference)[*]Chocolate Frosted Frosty Flakes ("Only sugar has more sugar!")[*]Krusty-Brand Lo-Cal TV Dinner ("Slender Vittles")[*]Krusty greeting cards ("Hey there, ten-year old! I couldn't get you a guitar for your birthday...so how about a nice set of bongos?", with the picture of a large-breasted woman)[*]Krusty's Famous Sauce[*]Krusty-Brand Low Income Housing[*]Kamp Krusty ("The Krustyest place on earth!")[*]Krusty's Clown College[*]Krusty Land (Home to the "Krustyland House of Knives", which was accused of decapitating multiple tourists, and was described in general as a "deathtrap" but Krusty claims that those people were decapitated before they entered)[*]Euro Krusty Land (Later blew up)[*]Mount Splashmore (Krusty filmed his show there in one episode)[*]Krusty's Non-Narkotik Kough Syrup (secret ingredient of "Flaming Homer/Flaming Moe")[*]Krusty Brain & Health Tonic (causes gigantism to drinkers)[*]Krusty-Brand Vitamins (caused an irregular heartbeat in Bart)[*]Krusty Doll (which has a pull-string, that when pulled says, "I'm anatomically correct. Go ahead, take a look!")[*]Krusty the Klown Alarm Clock (Gets extremely hot when plugged in)[*]Krusty Calculator (Bart's lacked a 7 or an 8 button)[*]Krusty Phone[*]Krusty Wallclock[*]Krusty Lamp[*]Krusty Pencil Tops[*]Krusty Lunchboxes[*]Krusty Giant Toy Drum[*]Krusty's Sulfuric Acid[*]Krusty Trash Basket[*]Krusty T-Shirts[*]Krusty Monopoly (applications for a patent were denied, possibly in reference to the real-life lawsuits over the game)[*]Krusty Posters[*]Krusty Non-Toxic Kologne[*]Krusty's Autobiography (Ghostwritten by John Updike, described by Bart as "self-serving with many glaring omissions")[*]Krusty's Crowd Control Barrier (they read "Krusty Sez 'Get Back'")[*]Krusty Slippers[*]Lady Krusty Mustache Removal (which makes the upper lip of the spokesmodel bleed, was endorsed by Johnny Unitas, possibly in reference to a lawsuit launched against him for another celebrity endorsement he made in the 1970s)[*]Krusty Electric Toothbrush (which has a tendency to short-circuit)[*]Krusty Mini-Basketball Hoops[*]Krusty Knife Doll[*]Krusty Fried Chicken[*]Krusty Eye wash[*]Krusty [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki