General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P cycles open house and canadians

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 02:27 PM
mainboom150
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default J&P cycles open house and canadians

i get emails from j&P all the time. there open house is the weekend and they are having a few drawings. so as my wife and i are entering for the drawings she is reading the rules. basically it says if you are canadian and you win one of the drawing you will be required to do a complex math equasion.

Now this just strikes me as odd. why if someone is canadian would they be required to do math to get the prize and if your from the usa or anywhere else for that matter are you not required to? i just found this very strange had to say something about it.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Voldemort
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2. ELIGIBILITY: J&P Open House Rally Mustang Gift Card Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Canada, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. ("Eligible Participants"). Internet access is required in order to enter this Sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, Quebec, and where prohibited. If a Canadian resident wins a prize, that person must also answer correctly within a 5 minute time period a mathematical skill-testing question without the benefit of any human, mechanical or electronic calculating devices before the prize will be awarded.

That is weird. Hey, J&P Cycles, what say you?

On a serious note we have been up there for their open house and it is a blast.

Last edited by Voldemort; 06-27-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:12 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,865 Likes on 6,239 Posts

Because when they see "Speed Limit 55", they're thinking kilometers, and they ride really slow. It's annoying to the rest of us. So, we screw with them.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. The open house will be over by the time they get here.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Voldemort
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Because when they see "Speed Limit 55", they're thinking kilometers, and they ride really slow. It's annoying to the rest of us. So, we screw with them.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. The open house will be over by the time they get here.
Now THAT'S funny!! I don't care who ya are!!

My girlfreind was on a Honda Spree(moped) back in 1986. I was on my '76 Sporty and when we got back to the house she said "we were flying" and "didn't think that the moped would go that fast". I asked her how fast she thought we were going? She said 50-55. I said that the moped would only hit 35. She was looking at the km/h side of the line. She wasn't too bright but I'm here to tell ya... She made up for in other areas!!

Old 06-27-2013, 03:34 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Voldemort
Now THAT'S funny!! I don't care who ya are!!

My girlfreind was on a Honda Spree(moped) back in 1986. I was on my '76 Sporty and when we got back to the house she said "we were flying" and "didn't think that the moped would go that fast". I asked her how fast she thought we were going? She said 50-55. I said that the moped would only hit 35. She was looking at the km/h side of the line. She wasn't too bright but I'm here to tell ya... She made up for in other areas!!

Got to agree with ya on the funny stuff, but should be interesting to see if this post remains with the intended light hearted humour with a valid and honest question posed by OP or sadly becomes "name calling" ?

Old 06-27-2013, 03:49 PM
cooter78
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is Canadian law that if you win a prize you have too answer a skill testing question. I have no idea why that is. I have even had to stand at the counter at McDonalds doing math because I had won a free coffee.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:13 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 06-27-2013, 04:29 PM
mainboom150
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cooter78
It is Canadian law that if you win a prize you have too answer a skill testing question. I have no idea why that is. I have even had to stand at the counter at McDonalds doing math because I had won a free coffee.
thanks for the answer i just thought it was kinda funny. but i still dont understand why a canadian in the united states would still need to do this. i mean we dont go by canadian law in the usa so i would think it would be a mute point seeing as though you have to be present at j&p inorder to win.

and to voldermort we go every year its a pretty good time. get to meet alot of the dealers cory ness was there last year. it says the klockwerks guys are gonna be there this year but it not on their calender so we will see. chib from soa is suppost to be there saturday then opie on sunday. its a good ride i think. nice roads not to far from the house.