General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet and Mesh Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 08:30 AM
taznavy
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet and Mesh Jacket

Just got my first Harley a 2009 1200c. Been riding a honda shadow 600 for about 2 years 7k miles. I want to update my helmet when I get back to the States and get to start riding my Harley I just bought. I know some says Harley riders should go with a half shell but I want a full face and love the idea of the drop down visors on some. Just not sure what I need to get. Been using a full face $100 helmet I bought at the Navy Exchange here that is great but ready to update and not sure where to start other than it needs to be full face.
Also what is a good mesh jacket with armor that doesnt make me look like a sport bike rider that is good for Harley riders. Im also a small guy.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Fenny
Advanced

LeatherUp.com & Motorcycle-Superstore.com have a lot of good products to choose from at prices that are much lower than anything you'll find with 'HD' on it.

As far as which particulars to buy I can't help you much there - I'd say read the reviews on the website(s).

I DID just get a Bell Arrow from motorcycle-superstore on sale for $60. I like it a lot better than my HD helmet and the graphics & paint quality are much better than I expected - I also got the mirror finished face shield, looks sharp.

Check this site out for info on helmets, it helped me out a lot with choosing what helmet to fit my round shaped head...

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...met-shapes.htm

Old 08-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Fenny
Advanced

Welcome to the forum BTW! Nice choice on the Sporty!

Old 08-11-2013, 09:00 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Google Iron Pony for stuff
Tourmaster is not bad equipment

Old 08-11-2013, 09:02 AM
JaySwear
Road Captain

I love the Revzilla website. TONS of options and in depth reviews.

And I wear a mesh jacket and a full face with my Sporty! Not saying its right, but every rider likes what they like.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:13 AM
FLYH2O
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JaySwear
I love the Revzilla website. TONS of options and in depth reviews.

And I wear a mesh jacket and a full face with my Sporty! Not saying its right, but every rider likes what they like.
Revzilla is the place.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,727 Posts

I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix armored mesh jacket, very cool (temp wise), red and black, but you can get them in all black, or used to. Got mine at motorcyclesuperstore.com
It fits about perfect for me, which is hard for me to find. As far as helmets, try as many on as you can, lots of different fits, sizes won't always be the same across brands. I still don't have one I really like, but haven't tried on any I can't afford.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:50 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Taz...welcome to the forums.

I live down here in extreme South Texas and ride daily during the week. I really like my Joe Rocket mesh and Shoei Quest FF. The jacket has armour and is black but vents great. Even in triple digits on the highway, I'm not buring.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:13 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

My son has a HD mesh jacket. It did not come with armor, but it is sold separately and goes right in.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Tourmaster Air Intake mesh comes black, silver, red, hi-vis green or white, what I have. Comes with the armor and 2 liners. Waterproof and quilted. My helmet is a Shoei Neotek. Not cheap but very comfortable

Quick Reply: Helmet and Mesh Jacket