General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Breakout owner from Durham nc

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 10:26 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

Originally Posted by Missle
I totally agree with you about the Heritage, I tried a few others before my purchase. I'm not big on the studs and conchos but the ride and comfort came first. I get a little hazing from some friends about the conchos, it's all in good fun. They know it's a nice ride. I'm getting use to them too. The fiancee likes the ride also, can go hours without complaint. Best bike purchase so far.
I know back in 07 sooo many other Heritage owners really bitched about the rear seating area. The middle of the stock pillion din't even have an Inch of padding where the fender came up-into it. We hit a bump and she'd feel like we were on a RIGID frame bike.
That's one reason they came out with the Touring seat for the 07's and up, its atleast 1-1/2'' taller. At 115 the added width wasn't needed, but it didn't hurt.

I believe the 08's and newer went back to a taller pillion for better passenger comfort.

The wife had a tailbone injury when Young and with the stock seat she'd start having bad pains after 1/2 hr rd..
With the mods back there, she can now ride as long as she wants to, usually 3+ hrs, then we have to stop for a while.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:16 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

My BO rides fine 2 up. Did go to Hollister ca. to get the seat custom fitted and covered to be just right. After about the third try the corbin staff had it perfect for her and I. We took a ride each time they worked the cushion. Well worth it imo as the seat was not too comfy the first go round, and it also took on a nice shape with the custom fit. lots of cover options, and I could not imagine having to pick one off the computer and getting it right. But I live 2hrs from Hollister. Enjoy your new ride and if you find yourself wanting another hd model, go for there is one for everybody.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for choosing Rush on your Breakout! With the 1.75" baffles and a stock air filter no tuning is required. It's normal for the headpipes to blue but not the heatshields or mufflers. With the 1.75" baffles the bike will still run at a stock air/fuel ratio. Many consider this lean including myself. A fuel management system will cool it down a bit and improve throttle response. It's recommended for those reasons but not required with your baffle size. We also recommend torquing the muffler clamps down to 60-65 ft/lbs to get a good seal and prevent exhaust leaks. Enjoy the new ride and thanks for choosing Rush!
-Ryan