General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
36.36%
No
42.98%
I like her
12.40%
She doesn't know the product well enough
8.26%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Female Service Managers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 03:08 PM
LOTHAR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Female Service Managers?

Don'r have one at my local dealerships, but if they did i would want her to have my baby.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:12 PM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, but General Manager at my dealership (ABC H-D) is Tammy Tressler, good person and dealership in Waterford MI

Old 03-14-2007, 03:13 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: traveler

ORIGINAL: wolf1477

Oh wow, this is gonna get ugly fast I'm thinkin'.

Just remember, it's 2007 not 1807...women are allowed out of the kitchen once in a while

For a serious answer, no, none of the HD shops I go to have female service managers. If they did it wouldn't bother me in a the least as long as she knew the product/parts sufficient to do her job. Then again I require that of the male service managers, knowledge of product/parts. If they don't know I don't come back, fairly simple math.

Wolf, somebody needs to hide Kirby's chair<g>
WOW, looks like one of us has been successfully "domesticated"....

No for me. Every woman I have worked with, in different fields, has been sub-standard, and use their charm or good looks to get over, to keep their job. This is a male dominated sport/hobby/lifestyle. I will not take my bike to any dealer that lets the "cutie pie" run the service department. Right or wrong, that's my opinion, and I know I speak for many who don't have the ***** to say so!

Joe
[&:]
While your opinion may in some instances be based on fact, it is not always correct.

I would have NP at all with a woman running the service department, or swinging a wrench, provided she was competent.

Just out of curiosity. Do you let your significant other ride with you, or do you make her stay home to clean and cook, while you go out and get your man on???

Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 PM
wolf1477
Road Master

Just remember, it's 2007 not 1807...women are allowed out of the kitchen once in a while

For a serious answer, no, none of the HD shops I go to have female service managers. If they did it wouldn't bother me in a the least as long as she knew the product/parts sufficient to do her job. Then again I require that of the male service managers, knowledge of product/parts. If they don't know I don't come back, fairly simple math.

Joe

If that's what you wanna think then there ain't no 'splainin for ya.

I've worked with men who were worthless and women who were great at thier jobs...and vice versa. Gender has nothing to do with someone's capabilities. If yer a guy and stupid yer an idiot, if yer a woman and stupid...that's right...yer an idiot.

You think I'm gonna jump on the "Hey women can't perform as well as men because they're women" bandwagon yer smokin crack.

Wolf,quess since I dissagree with ya I'm domesticated.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:32 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

The assistant Service manager at my dealer is a woman and really knows her stuff inside out.

Not sure if that counts so I didn't vote in the survey.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Big Dog
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OUCH

Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Slash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 111 Likes on 48 Posts

No for me. Every woman I have worked with, in different fields, has been sub-standard, and use their charm or good looks to get over, to keep their job. This is a male dominated sport/hobby/lifestyle. I will not take my bike to any dealer that lets the "cutie pie" run the service department. Right or wrong, that's my opinion, and I know I speak for many who don't have the ***** to say so!

Joe
Joe I'd harly consider your experience broad enough to matter on this issue.Trust me on this:Never underestimate a woman anytime,
anyplace for any reason.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Pixs
Tourer

Yes, and she is the only one I will let work on my bike! Gender has nothing to do with quality work, besides she is really a nice gal, not to mention easy to look at.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-14-2007, 03:58 PM
EVOrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 275 Likes on 202 Posts

We don't have any females behind the service or parts counter. As long as they do their job and are competent at it...I really don't have a problem with it. Male or female...does not matter with me.

I do have a problem with someone that is unwilling to learn or believe they know everything. This includes people that do know alot...but they still do not know everything.

I don't use any service departments anyways...because I am unwilling to pay someone for a job that I can do myself. I know the EVO inside and out...forget HD. I do use their parts every now and then...because some parts are "Dealer only part." However, before I go buy a part from HD...I do my damnest to repair/bypass/substitue something for that part. If all my resources have failed...only then I will go to HD parts counter.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:21 PM
GOSTAZ
Road Master

Had never met a female service manager until I went to a dealership in MD. Lady manager there took the time to listen to me, explained how she thought the problem could be solved, quoted me a fair price, gave me a reasonable timeline, discouraged me from buying something I did not need, performed exactly the work needed, and I am REAL happy. Lady that knows her stuff, listens, and values a customer? Dude, sign me up! She could teach some of the so-called experts down the street a thing or three!

This has just been my experience, but it has been a real positive one. And yes, she is a cutie to boot. I am happy to let competent women do whatever they are capable of. This lady is capable of a great job, and she appears to be very consistent based on comments of her other customers. That comment cannot be made about some of her male counterparts at other local dealerships. I say bring on the competent women service managers!

Quick Reply: Female Service Managers?