General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When are we going to be Wowed with something new.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 04:31 PM
PFR-Captain
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default When are we going to be Wowed with something new.

Harley is an awesome company and does many things great. But, when was the last time you were shocked or blown away excited about a new bike or product?

What about a "small" bagger for us smaller people based on a 883 motor that looks like a Roadking. I read so much about men and women who have to modify their HD so much or opt for a Metric cruiser because of the size of most Harleys. I can personally think of dozens of people who would be interested and I don't mean a bike like the new 500/700 Barhopper bike or bobber style from HD.

What would you like to see from HD? Think outside the box?

Old 01-24-2014, 04:36 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I've been pretty wowed by my 2013 Softail Slim for some time now.

That said, I'd like to see Harley reinvest in quality, USA made, riding gear. But I don't think that will happen.

I'd also like to see them come out with a stripped down chopper style with a carbureted engine. But that won't happen either.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:48 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

how about the roadglide when it is re-introduced: full water-cooling,100 horsepower stock, larger saddlebags and tour box, no lowers(radiator in fairing), better suspension, and no infotainment center...just a plain ol' custom/classic model for us guys that want to keep it simple. that would be a big WOW in my book.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 530 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by PFR-Captain
Harley is an awesome company and does many things great. But, when was the last time you were shocked or blown away excited about a new bike or product?

What about a "small" bagger for us smaller people based on a 883 motor that looks like a Roadking. I read so much about men and women who have to modify their HD so much or opt for a Metric cruiser because of the size of most Harleys. I can personally think of dozens of people who would be interested and I don't mean a bike like the new 500/700 Barhopper bike or bobber style from HD.

What would you like to see from HD? Think outside the box?

LOL......think switchback.......great smaller bagger......very nostalgic looking.....vintage design with new technology.....great warranty......very affordable.......cool color options.....I'm out of breath...next!!!!

Old 01-24-2014, 05:04 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,481 Likes on 11,210 Posts

A bagger V-Rod

Old 01-24-2014, 05:19 PM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only one who hates that I end up with a stock seat I don't want? Stock pipes that will just sit in my basement, pegs, grips, etc. Why can't I order what I want and not have to take the stock seat? I know... all I have to do is order the seat I want, pipes I want, etc. News cars aren't this way.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:27 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeMan
Am I the only one who hates that I end up with a stock seat I don't want? Stock pipes that will just sit in my basement, pegs, grips, etc. Why can't I order what I want and not have to take the stock seat? I know... all I have to do is order the seat I want, pipes I want, etc. News cars aren't this way.

check out H-D 1 customization on the Harley website

Old 01-24-2014, 05:31 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,788 Likes on 9,863 Posts

What, the 500 and 700 Streets didn't do anything for you?

Old 01-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Now a diesel or hydrogen powered bike might get me to say WOW! Just think, riding down the road smelling like a French Fry burning some good old biodiesel. Or filling up with water to run the hydrogen engine. Now....do we use synthetic or dino water?

Old 01-24-2014, 05:40 PM
CVN-65
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeMan
Originally Posted by not_so_newb
check out H-D 1 customization on the Harley website
H-D 1 customization is nice, but it is limited to only a few models. I think BuckeyeMan was referring all bikes, across all lines.

Quick Reply: When are we going to be Wowed with something new.