General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what makes a biker?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:53 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: what makes a biker?

That he has lots of pairs of boots and gloves? [8D]

ORIGINAL: NYNickET

i dunno but when i see someone with the crisp gloves & shinny boots i wonder how can they remain so new lookin all the time. . .

Old 03-21-2007, 01:54 PM
QT Hush
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who is he trying to convince that he's a Biker, you or himself?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:02 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Something I found laying around.

What is a Biker?
Are you there to help a brother or sister with no questions asked?
Do you show up in rain, heat, snow and cold to help raise money for a good cause?
Do you stop to lend aide to a biker at the side of the road?
Do you feel an obligation to the good for your biker friends?
Do you go out in the middle of the night to pick up a broke down traveler?
Have you taken a brother/sister home who had too much to drink?
Are you as concerned about your brother/sisters bike, as you are about your own?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:04 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

# of bran new harley shirts youve bought from your local dealer

Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM
roadkingbigjoe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyones going to put a different spin on this subject, there are people who are going to say its "the look" and maybe so. Some will say it that you ride and bike or you ride a certin brand or style bike and again maybe so. But to me, and this is why I concider my self a biker is my desire to ride and the state of mind Im in when I ride. I shead the pressures of my job my family or anything else that may be borthering me and I just ride. Do I wear the black leather, sometimes, sometimes not, I could careless what i look like I just want to be on my bike and headed down a open road. So if you ask me YES Im a biker!

Old 03-21-2007, 02:21 PM
Bear64
Banned

Those that are Bikers don't even probably think of themselves as bikers, those that aren't worry about it all the time, being a biker is something that can't be explained, I know high mileage riders that don't fit the bill, but then they don't say, "I'm a biker" I know low mileage riders that are bikers, but never say squat about it..it has a lot to do with what is in your heart, your soul, and in your mind. I can go on and give examples, but it has been hashed and rehashed over and over here. so no need, just tell your friend that if he has to ask, then he don't know, and I guess the same goes for you, no offense meant with that.

this was meant for Outfishing35, that name says a lot about if your a biker or not.[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 03-21-2007, 02:44 PM
paulca
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: outfishin35

Heres the deal....I have a co-worker that i have been debaiting this actual question. What makes a "Biker " vs a guy or gal that just owns a Harley ? I'm looking forward to the inputs... I myself am just a guy that owns a harley...SO is this guy I work with....He claims to be a BIKER...I want to show him this post after some good input...lol

Thanks Ben
[sm=dontgetit.gif]Excuse my asking, but what is the point of the argument you and your colleague are having? If he wishes to be defined by his chosen mode of transport why argue when surely it's only a label and not something to aspire to - or is it an image thing? [sm=confused06.gif]

In the UK and indeed all over Europe motor cyclists or motor cycleridersare called many names, mainly by other road users, most of which are not repeatable on a family forum such as this. We also have a plague ofpedal cyclists in many of our cities who are called even more unrepeatable names not only by fellow road users but by pedestrians as well - they ride on both the road and (illegally) the pavement (sidewalk). These vermin are a real threat to the good order of our society (or at least highways and byways) [sm=chairshot.gif]. The pedal cyclists' vehicle is of course called a bicycle which is more commonly known in its abbreviated form as aBIKE. Thus when using their uninsured, untaxed, peskyvehicles (parasites!!!)such individual can be referred to as a Bike Riderorto abbreviate that further, a BIKER!!

Now I ask you, is this a labelany right mindedmotorcyclist would aspire to? [sm=badidea.gif]If your colleague so wishes to wear this label, buy him a pair of lycra shorts and top and wish him godspeed!![sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 03-21-2007, 02:46 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 22,840 Likes on 8,715 Posts

I would think on the extreme end of it would be the M/C patch holder. He has already been closely scrutinized on the topic and not found lacking. Past that, it might be based on what theriders friends consider him or her to be. Sure, there would be the social circles who would consider anyone who rides a scooter a biker, but then ya ask them what they know about bikers and not much else is presented. Among the active members of the HDF, I would think we could, in a short or moderate time of observation,determine who certainly is, who might be and who definitely isn't a biker.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Speedkingnick
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: petemac

i dunno but when i see someone with the crisp gloves & shinny boots i wonder how can they remain so new lookin all the time. . .
It's called - Heel Toe Shifter........

Old 03-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Bear64
Banned

ORIGINAL: Speedkingnick

ORIGINAL: petemac

It's called - Heel Toe Shifter........
[sm=chattypair.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Quick Reply: what makes a biker?