General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I saw Me the other day

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,536 Likes on 808 Posts

For me it was a friend of one of my uncles. I only saw the bike once when I was 5 or 6. I don't know if it was a Flathead, Knuckle, Pan, or maybe even an Indian. It had no front fender and a chopped rear fender and was the coolest thing I ever saw. It looked a lot like this Knuckle but it was red:

Old 02-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Grew up seeing Harley servicars around, thought they were neat, but the one that nailed me was a white Harley sitting next to a plane at a small airport we were driving by. That was my dream machine for many years after. That would have been sometime in the 1950's, long before I got to ride one.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Aaresz
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Grandfather starting riding Harley's 1934, and passed it down to my father, who then passed it down to his children. I'm please to say I passed it on to mine. I remember anxiously waiting for him to give my brother and I rides, and the feeling of absolute happiness has stayed with me till this day. I fell sorry for those that don't understand.

Attached Thumbnails I saw Me the other day-photo.jpg  

Last edited by Aaresz; 02-23-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:46 AM
myugly88
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my father rebuilt a sportster back in the early 80's. i remember him riding it up and down the street swearing profusely at it cause he was having issues with the carb. in 84 mom bought him a brand new fxrs. he use to take me to school on it. man did i feel cool then...

Old 02-23-2014, 10:57 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

You may have unknowingly assisted in forging that young mans future...uh oh.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:50 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always wave at kids in cages when I catch them looking at me. Makes my day when they grin and wave back. Never thought about putting the "bug" into them. Hhhmmm.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:02 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,071 Likes on 2,555 Posts

The only Harleys I saw as a kid were dressers and few of them...except for cop bikes. My cousins had an Indian, which is when I got my first ride.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:07 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Several things in my life I now have because of my childhood. Grew up with motorcycles. Triumphs, Nortons, and Harley's. Even seen a few BMW's. Started riding Honda's and Mini bikes with Briggs engines. Always knew that when I got big enough there would be a Harley in the garage. I would spend lots of time smelling and hearing those motorcycles growing up. I was just waiting for the day them legs got long enough to touch the ground sitting on that seat. Duck hunting as a kid. We used small flat bottoms to get to the hunting area. Always a pain in the butt in shallow water. Seen a big airboat go by with a radial engine on it. I was admiring that boat when it blew by. Told Daddy when I got a job one of them would be in our driveway. Haven't been without as least one since early twenty's. I can remember wrenching on those motorcycles admiring the pretty women that came and went from the shop as a young kid. I knew that one day I would be riding on of those too. Life is good.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love kids and always make a point to wave or give a thumbs up! I guess I'm just a bigger one myself.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:45 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Always cracks me up when ya get stuck behind a school bus....One of the boys will turn and look. Wave at him, or nod your head, and next thing ya know....all the back seats are full...they're waving and pointing...smiling and laffing......Never ceases to bring a smile to my face.

Quick Reply: I saw Me the other day