General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

come on moco

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 01:22 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

It's really as relative to the amount of disposable money you have to spend a the time. My first bike a was a showroom new Sportster for $3,995.00 at the time that bike cost more than my car I was driving by a few thousand. As time went by I bought a $10,000 bike then a $16,000 bike and so on.

Even a used bike for $6,000- $8,000 today would have been outrageous in the 70's or 80's. I never thought I'd be paying $3.69 a gallon for regular either but it's what they get so it's what I pay.

I personally wouldn't buy a CVO. I stare at the beautiful paint and some of the wheel combos but it's a cookie cutter custom. I respect those that buy them but it's more enjoyable for me dicking with it for a few years and making it uniquely mine.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:05 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're unable OR unwilling to pay CVO prices, why **** and moan because some others CAN or DO?

bitch, bitch, bitch...

Old 05-25-2014, 03:34 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
If you're unable OR unwilling to pay CVO prices, why **** and moan because some others CAN or DO?

bitch, bitch, bitch...

Because it's the forum way. Bitch and moan about anything and everything MOCO or dealer related even when it doesn't relate to you. "Don't want one because they are cookie cutter" but the MOCO is out of their mind charging that much even though they sell at those prices. Bunch of genius business men on here. People are willing to pay that price, but as a company your crazy for charging them that price. Then you see a post where a guy is saying they are common at bike night. Apparently someone or a whole bunch of someones besides the OP thinks they are worth it wherever he hangs, but the MOCO is nuts for selling them at that price. "I'd buy a bike for 8K and put 20K into it" then you have a bike worth 8K with a bunch of expensive mods on it that you could never get your money out of. And so it goes. There are a bunch of real critical thinkers on here and they post often.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I were to buy my brand new today I'd be SOL.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Thor183
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up a 14' CVO Road King yesterday and was looking at what it would cost to buy a standard one and then continue to upgrade. I would've spent more in the long run over the CVO price if I started customizing it. Plus the bike is completely finished the way I like it now.
I'll add some personal touches but for now it's just time to ride and not wrench.

My thought is... it doesn't matter what you ride as long as you're out riding it's a great day.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:31 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Makes me happy to have my old evo.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:45 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,999 Likes on 17,504 Posts

Originally Posted by SYLM
Lol. You aren't going to win this on this forum. Most of these people wear harley onesies to bed. If you say something about the great and powerful moco the people here will act like you just slapped their mother with your *****
Some are old enough in here they may have .........

Old 05-26-2014, 09:45 AM
SYLM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thor183
Picked up a 14' CVO Road King yesterday and was looking at what it would cost to buy a standard one and then continue to upgrade. I would've spent more in the long run over the CVO price if I started customizing it. Plus the bike is completely finished the way I like it now.
I'll add some personal touches but for now it's just time to ride and not wrench.

My thought is... it doesn't matter what you ride as long as you're out riding it's a great day.
Congrats man.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:44 PM
TexasScooterTrash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,215 Likes on 748 Posts

Sounds like a little Sticker Shock. Don't like the Price Tag ... don't buy it. Somebody's going to see it as MY BIKE, and it's sold. Life goes on.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$4,000 or $40,000, I dont care what anyone pays for a bike so long as they wanna ride. I ride with any and everyone from crotch rockets to 2WD Urals to road sofas to Honda Rebels. The amount of money spent on the bike does not dictate the rider. I could go out and spend 40K on a bike, but my $4,000 sportster does not know how I spent on it, or care what curves it tears up or roads I get lost on. If someone wants to ride with me with their 40K bike then lets roll. Im just up for a good time. Truth is the guys who buy such bikes are the ones who never talk down on what someone else spent on their bike and are just as interested in a 234cc Rebel as they are my little 883.

Some folks (mostly those on hdf) get too caught up in money spent. Just ride folks, thats what its all about.

Quick Reply: come on moco