General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friggin Crotch-Rockets

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 01:50 AM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Friggin Crotch-Rockets

ORIGINAL: tireater

It seems like at least once a week I meet mr. sport bike who thinks he is at the track. Riding down the middle of a two lane roadat 100 in riding suit, plastic boots and full helmet. Breaking about 10 laws a minute. Or splitting cars at 90. I don't think I have ever seen a Harley do this - and I ride fast...
Are you going to kick his bike over ?

Old 04-01-2007, 02:01 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: triple buzz

It seems like at least once a week I meet mr. sport bike who thinks he is at the track. Riding down the middle of a two lane roadat 100 in riding suit, plastic boots and full helmet. Breaking about 10 laws a minute. Or splitting cars at 90. I don't think I have ever seen a Harley do this - and I ride fast...
Are you going to kick his bike over ?
When he buzzes my tower, damn right I'm kicking it over.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:08 AM
tireater
Banned

I'd do better trying to rope the wind - last guyI saw was in a different zip code in about 5 min.
Kick a bike over...WHAT U TALKIN ABOUT WILLIS !!! They make me pick them up at this bar...

Old 04-01-2007, 02:27 AM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd do better trying to rope the wind - last guyI saw was in a different zip code in about 5 min.
Kick a bike over...WHAT U TALKIN ABOUT WILLIS !!! They make me pick them up at this bar...
Can't figure it out.You post you have a problem with riders speeding and tearing it up, but in a diffrent post you talk about hitting the twisties on the inside lane at 75mph and qoute "you were on it " on your DRZ and a bird hit you. Isn't that thepot calling kettle black stuff there ?

Old 04-01-2007, 02:45 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Triple, we all have our opinions and keep in mind, the reason I addressed your original post was for your generalization of Harley riders and the condescending nature of your original post. Considering everyone here is a Harley rider, it’s safe to assume that by all indications you were referring to the membership as “Most of us ride all day…and we ride right out to the bar have a few , then go to another bar. ( I know none of us do that! )” suggesting that we’re just as unsafe and have no room to criticize the sport bike riders for questionable behavior on the roads. This for all intent and purpose was a slam on the membership here at HDF.

I also never stated that most of our membership were not rookies or weekend warriors, what I specifically stated is that most of our membership take riding very seriously and pursued avenues to increase their riding skills; I pointed this out to contradict your assumption that we ride from bar to bar and are inherently as unsafe as the sport bike riders that are being complained about in this post.

You didn’t offend me Triple, but your original post suggested that Harley riders (which the members are) are just as inherently as unsafe (barhopping) as those sport bike riders passing in no passing areas, touching other bikes as they pass and other similar activities and I will always defend the members of this forum, bar none.

I also asked if you defended the Harley riders (crowd) as vehemently as you do the sport bike crowd, not if you defended your V-Rod and Street Glide to the sport bike crowd, as you stated previously that the sport bike crowd was just as against Harley riders as Harley riders were against street bikes.

As for being so strong against me as a mod; that’s no problem. When I participate in a thread, unless I’m specifically addressing a forum infraction, I’m just a regular member.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:47 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll ride with anyone, Sport or Harley, as long as they obey my one and only rule of riding....OBEY THE LAW!! Break it, and I'll never ride with you again...PERIOD! I like my life, and I refuse to give it away because of another riders ignorance, no matter what they ride.

Obey the Law, means just that....Speed limits, passing zones, lane splitting, drinking and driving, any of these will ban you for life from riding with me or my wife.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:57 AM
XL1200N
Road Master

I have a friend who has a sport bike, when he starts acting like an idiot on it I usually go my own way. Most my friends have some sort of bike, I'll ride with them all until they start acting stupid, Harley or other wise. Most of the time they don't and we just ride.

Brian

Old 04-01-2007, 06:01 AM
brillowolf
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Trailfndr

I'll ride with anyone, Sport or Harley, as long as they obey my one and only rule of riding....OBEY THE LAW!! Break it, and I'll never ride with you again...PERIOD! I like my life, and I refuse to give it away because of another riders ignorance, no matter what they ride.

Obey the Law, means just that....Speed limits, passing zones, lane splitting, drinking and driving, any of these will ban you for life from riding with me or my wife.
i'm truly brokenhearted that I will never ride with you.[&o]

If you expect me to believe for one second that you never break the speed limit...

Old 04-01-2007, 06:32 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Think what you will...but I have absolutly no reason to fly down the highway. Riding is about the ride, not about how fast I get there. I much prefer to take my time, and enjoy the ride, without the stress of watching for LEO'sto avoid a ticket.I ride with a large group from our HOG chapter, and we all feel the same way. Lets enjoy the ride...

ORIGINAL: brillowolf

ORIGINAL: Trailfndr

i'm truly brokenhearted that I will never ride with you.[&o]

If you expect me to believe for one second that you never break the speed limit...

Old 04-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Bad Mojo
Tourer

ORIGINAL: triple buzz

I love how we Harley ridersbitch about others doing wrong on bikes. Most of us ride all day , no helmets, no jackets , and we ride right out to the bar have a few , then go to another bar. ( I know none of us do that! ) I also read in the paper about more crusier guys going down the Sport riders. True there are more crusiers out there but there are more rookies on crusiers AKA weekend worriors. So who's worse ? By the way I also ride "crotch rockets" when I am not riding my Davidson .
You make it sound as though sportbike riders don't ride with no helmets and/or jackets, and don't drink and ride... Those are issues that have representatives on both sides of the fence.

I've only ever had one experience with a sportbike rider where if I could find him I'd probably kick his teeth down his throat. I was in the left hand portion of my lane, coming up on a right hand turn I was going to take. I hit my blinker and start to lean in, when BWWWAAAAAAAHHHH a friggin crotch rocket screams down my right side IN MY LANE and THROUGH my turn path. Had I started my turn a fraction of a second later, or had he started his dick move a fraction of a second earlier... we'd probably both still be in the hospital, if not dead. I almost dropped the bike, by the time I got things righted and swallowed my heart back down, he was long gone. I'm no trained cop for visual speeds, but I've owned and been in enough fast vehicles to know he was moving at a good 75mph or so... in a 35 no less.

Now, I'm not saying it'll never happen, but as of yet I've never had a HD rider almost kill me. I've also never seen a HD rider in flip flops, a HD rider doing a wheelie on the highway, or a HD rider doubling/tripling the posted speed limit. I have a buddy that's a member of a local sportbike club, so I know not all of them are jackasses... But there are a few out there that, because of the performance of their machine, do stuff more dangerous than your average HD rider could ever dream of doing, even if he wanted to.

Quick Reply: Friggin Crotch-Rockets