General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this my Fault

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 12:26 PM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

My wife has worked for auto dealerships for over 35 years.

Her number one complaint is salesmen who blow off messages left for them.

She says most of them are young spoiled arrogant ****** who won't give you the time of day unless you are standing right in front of them with a check book and pen in hand.

They are doing enough business that customers stand in line to talk to a salesmen instead of other way around.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:41 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
If this is the service, attention, courtesy you are being extended right now, imagine how you'll be treated once they've gotten your money. I'd move on and look for a different source.
that's what I'd do too.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Angelfire36
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
Just to throw something in. I live about 1 1/2 hours away from the dealer where I bought my bike. I went over on my day off to make sure that I was getting what I wanted. I did that twice and each time I had my family with me. For the kind of money that I was spending, it was worth it to me to take the time and go there. Meeting face to face, it only took us about an hour or so to complete the deal. I walked away with the bike I wanted and to me it was time well spent.
This ^ What's a two hour ride if it's that important to you. What have you really got to lose? At worst you'll have taken a nice afternoon ride, maybe stop somewhere nice on the way there or back... At best, you'll make the deal.

I went to a dealership about 2 hours away just the other weekend because I had a small chance to win a Harley! Yeah, it was a long shot, but we had a blast on the ride down there and back! I rode on the back of Husband's bike (just in case I actually won!). It had been quite a while since I rode pillion and it was really nice.

So, I didn't win the bike, but I wouldn't call it a waste of our time.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:40 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,235 Likes on 2,472 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyanimal
First off,they sold me the bike and have seen me regularly for the 3 years that I've owned it,they even commented on the bike,really like what I've done to.Yeah,maybe if I was there in person,but I just can't up and leave work to drive down there,I want a deal in place then go to finance and finalize the sale..
do you work everyday that they are open? take a saturday, run down there and work the deal. you should be able to do that in one trip.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:53 PM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks to everyone who posted,I'll regroup over the weekend and start fresh next week and see how it goes from there.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Slick-
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck to ya. Let us know how ya make out-

Old 06-28-2014, 04:22 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

If they have more than one salesperson, you could simply ask to deal with one of the others. No reason for an unresponsive salesperson to take your business for granted.

On the other hand, you need to check that your attitude on the phone is not one of entitlement. That for some reason the salesperson is not taking you seriously.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,795 Likes on 3,270 Posts
Default It can be done!

I was able to do the deal for my RKC over the phone with a dealer 1.5 hrs. away from me. In my case there was no trade-in complicating the deal, and I was buying a new leftover '13 model the dealership was anxious to move, so that skews things a bit.

I called and asked to speak directly to the sales manager, told him a lived a ways away, and said that if we can agree on a price for the bike I'd give him a $500 c.c. deposit over the phone and head down the next day to finalize the deal. After a few minutes of back-and-forth over the price we settled on a number, which included them trailering the bike to me since it wasn't riding season yet. Most pain-free vehicle buying experience I've ever had. Hope things work out for you too OP.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:07 PM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That STEALER just plain BLOWS....I found my SG online @ a STEALER 2 1/2 hours away.. I work alot and didn't have time to make the drive until the deal was done..BS on not taking you serious, that STEALER just SUCKS.... I made the drive signed the papers gave them the $ and brought the new SG home... I would look someplace else cause that STEALER sure doesn't deserve your hard earned $.... I am with Larry...look at another option....If I had to drive 12 hours away I would not give that BS STEALER a dime....

Old 06-28-2014, 05:13 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

move on feller, they do not want your business. a motorcycle is not a necessity...save your pennies until you can come up with a large down payment. the best bet would be to pay cash.

Quick Reply: Is this my Fault